• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What could I do better?

happymoney

I have this blog http://www.doesmoneymakeyouhappy.com and now I am thinking how I could improve it.

What you think about site? Does it look like interesting site or does it look like it is just some kind of scam? I know my English isn't perfect, but is it good enough that you can read site without thinking this is so poorly written that I don't want to waste time reading this. Quite many have said that they like domain and idea of site. That idea could really work and make some money for me, what do you think? Is there something that I should add on site and what you think I should write more? Should I tell more about myself in site or is it just useless information?

Thanks for answers.

Happymoney, the blog does look nice, I haven't spotted any mistakes you mentioned in the first post in the blog.

Your blog looks nice and the domain, doesmoneymakeyouhappy.com , is very creative and significant in my opinion.

I disagree, the domain looks like spam, the site looks like spam.

I understand that domain looks like spam, because spammers often ask question like that and then they tell how you can make millions in one night or something. But I dont understand what you mean by that "the site looks like spam". What makes you think of that?

Thanks for your opinion and thanks for everybody else who has answered.

I think its really funny,
While waiting to get rich, I’ve decided to talk about how I gain some usefully traffic to my site so I can get money in the future.

I will be rich some day. While waiting for the money to come to me I will continue improving this site

Not mocking you, I think that could of been worded differntly :p
Site loooks ok
And it will mostlikley make money I dont know why but people like reading about stuff like that :S

Last edited:
I think its really funny,

Not mocking you, I think that could of been worded differntly :p
Site loooks ok
And it will mostlikley make money I dont know why but people like reading about stuff like that :S

I thinked it while and I think your version were better, so I changed that. I have written a lot of stories to my universitys journal, but because English isn't my native language it is much harder to write good text. It is much easier to find out best words when writing my native language.

I have thought a lot of this site. I think there are couple of reasons why it will work.

1) when there isn't much visitors and it seems hopeless at that site will ever make me rich, people come there to laugh at me. "What an idiot, he thinks that he will get rich with that kind of site". Theorically it should bring lot of visitors.

2)People are always interested about money and happiness.

3)My site is something that everyone could do. So people like seeing that they got some hope, because if I could do it, they can do it too.

Well that is how I think my site will get visitors. I am not so sure will it really work and there is also that I am not sure does people do thinks with same motives as here in Finland.

why not write in your first language and link through with google translator, i think it exists and i hear its good.

Also, if you host it yourself try to change the main logo, get someone to make you one to the specifics and then go to Presentation >> theme editor >> something.css (there is only one .css file and this is the one i mean). Then scrol down looking for something like

Code:
#header {
        background-image:url(http://yourimageurl);
}

and convert the code linking straight to your own image, u can host ur image on photobucket.com

hope this helps and it will take away that default look to your wordpress blog.

Jamie

my honest opinion: it's a noble theme and good URL so deserves the best content you can make. discard the template and code the site yourself, and simplify the wording. start with the ultimate phrase of wisdom and finish with the ultimate instant teaching to catch those who rush to the end.

Perhaps you need some pictures.
Yeah, of money and of happy faces.
Otherwise, your money and happiness blog appears to be boring.

Thank you for your answers. I have done a lot of work lately to upgrade my blog. Currently I am most worried about my language. I try to write English as good as I can, but is it still lousy? I haven't test any translator program yet, because I think it is usefull to me to learn more english by writing it my own. Is my English annoying bad?

it look like Good ! and nice Blog website , when i prefer you to make the shourl domain name , because you have more 20 words in your website name ..

Thanks , and good luck !

regards admin besthostworld.com

the blog looks nice and all, the content is fun... if I had to say something about it, it would be that you're in serious need for a new title image... the top pic up there is what IMHO gives the heaviest look of 'this is spam'

Back