• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What company to use from this list?

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
Hello,

I'd like to know wich one to use from this list.
I got accepted with them.

FocusIN
CompactBanner
Banner-Mania
DkAds

Please post your comments on them.
Thanks You

I tried focusin and put their code on my site.
Loaded the index only once and then deleted the code.

why?
THOSE HUGE UGLY (&#(*&*@ POP-UPS!

Look at them, 2 pop-ups. one huge ugly search bar on the bottom, + gator, + another pop-up = ****

FocusIN is officially out of the list.

I'll try DkAds later on.

I'm experimenting now with banner-mania. Up-to now only 3 banners showed, all the rest was the default banner-mania banner (no ads to show) BUT, my stats are going forward with each ad impression. not bad, I think I'll stay with them since they pay cpm.

DkAds only has cpc I think. Am I right?

Originally posted by Wojtek

THOSE HUGE UGLY (&#(*&*@ POP-UPS!

Look at them, 2 pop-ups. one huge ugly search bar on the bottom, + gator, + another pop-up = ****
Hmmmm, looks like I need to contact Czar about that :mad:

And yes I believe dkads are CPC only, I am sure Dan will correct me if I am wrong :)

So this leaves me with using Banner-Mania or CompactBanner

banner-mania's stats are updating (along with my account's balance:D) even if they serv their default banner-mania banners

On the other hand, Compact Banner's ads open in a new window ( _blank ) but the stats just dont seem to move. All sticked at 0. Are their stats updated live? or once a day?

Wich one would you recomment?

Sorry about the outdated review there.

FocusIN did look like a promising recovery play immediately after their acquisition by Zaq Interactive, but have since fallen into the same old routine - late payments, pops rotated with banners without an effective opt-in procedure and, worst of all, they've crawled into bed with scumware master Gator and its download-prompt pops.

I would no longer recommend the network to anyone.

Of the two you're left with, CompactBanner is arguably the best conditional on the quantity of unique US traffic that your site attracts. That is, they pay only for those impressions that are made to US net users, and count only one impression/unique visitor. Thus, if you have predominently foreign traffic, Banner-Mania is likely to perform better for you.

Still, you shouldn't dismiss dkAds just because they're a CPC network. With CPM rates where they are these days, maintaining a low 0.1% or 0.2% CTR with a CPC network can often net you an equivalent amount of revenue to 1000 impressions elsewhere.

Hope this helps,

Hello Czar,

Thanks for your reply.

So you say it's better to have a 0.1-0.2% with cpc.
Wont companies kick you out if you are below 0.5?

What would you recommend for my type of site:
CPM or CPC

www.NewsAve.net

News / Weather / Health Info / Stocks Info / and others

Kind of like a portal. I intend to place the ads below the search box.

Also, could you proovide me with some suggestions for the site?
I havn't been much into advertising.
The only check I got was a 35$ check from Revenue Avenue (bCentral) way back when I was 12. (4 years ago)

Thanks Alot

not recommended, they keep showing your default banner and always annoying popups/unders

CompactBanner
they don't have their own advertisers, they use other companies like fastclick and doubleclick to show ads, they only pay for US traffic

Banner-Mania
don't know them

they only have CPC banners mentioned in this thread before, their standard rate is however quite low but I think they are reliable and pay on time
maybe the best choice you have, or you can put their banner in a rotation with another company...

I know that Fastclicks isn't on your list, but i have heard good things about them, that is, if you can get in...

sikverx, I have applied to FastClick, but I didnt receive a reply yet.
I completed their sign up saturday at 4am, and I dont think they work on week ends

archbob, Compact banner pays only for US traffic, not good...

Alot of companies only pay for Us traffic. I know that fastclick doesn't accept traffic from certain countries like china.

Hello Everyone!

It has been a while since I last posted, we have been VERY busy
with various things and I have had little time to post. Regardless,
our banner service still is only CPC based, however about 75% of
our publishers are earning 4-6 cents per click now instead of our
base $0.02.

Feel free to shoot any questions my way.

Hi RateStar

Do you have to have a spacial ctr ratio or any spacial things to earn more then 0.02$?

Thanks

Wojtek

Hi RateStar

Do you have to have a spacial ctr ratio or any spacial things to earn more then 0.02$?

Thanks

Wojtek

You can view our payment plan here:

http://dkads.com/payment.shtml

We tend to decide the rate you earn on a case by case basis.
The way it usually works (we don't really have a set step-by-step
procedure for determining the pay rate for a site) is we run you at
$0.02 starting. Once we get a feel for your traffic, we will raise your
rate (and if you have not yet been paid, we do so retroactively.)

The two things we really look at is a. traffic quality, and b. volume
of traffic sent. We want high traffic, high quality sites :) Oh, did
I mention we have a sign up bonus offer right now?

Dan

heh :)

I already signed up.

I already had 2 accounts with DkAds but forgot the usernames/passwords for them and had to sign up again.

My webhost is down right now, and I cant check my emails.

Could you check if I got accepted ;)
Site: www.NewsAve.net

Oh, and what is the bonus all about anyways?

sikverx, I have applied to FastClick, but I didnt receive a reply yet.
I completed their sign up saturday at 4am, and I dont think they work on week ends

archbob, Compact banner pays only for US traffic, not good...

Some people have applied and never even got a response. I was rejected after a few hours...

:D:D:D:D:D

I got accepted into FASTCLICK!!!!!!

Welcome to the Fastclick.com Ad Network!

Please record your account information for future reference.

User Name: *
Account Password: *
Approved URL: newsave.net
Fastclick Site: http://www.fastclick.com

WOW!

So should I used banner-mania or FastClick? :biggrin2:

Great work, Wojtek.

Now you've get to make the easiest decision in history...dump reseller Banner-Mania and stick with a real ad broker.

Back