• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Water Demands

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
What do you guys think will happen in the world when most of the world runs out of a big chunk of water? As in barely enough to do anything in one day. I'm pretty sure Canada will weather most if not all water droughts, but we can't accept everyone in the world into our country to live.

So what do you guys think will happen with water and access to water in my country?

Okay, well first of all, we're not going to lose any water. Ever. It's like energy, it doesn't go anywhere, just changes state.

Secondly that article was stupid and didn't have any explanations in it as to where this chunk of water might go to.
If there's more water in the world from the ice caps melting, then there will be more rainfall - that's how the water cycle works. If anything, there will be mass flooding, not drought.

Okay, well first of all, we're not going to lose any water. Ever. It's like energy, it doesn't go anywhere, just changes state.

Secondly that article was stupid and didn't have any explanations in it as to where this chunk of water might go to.
If there's more water in the world from the ice caps melting, then there will be more rainfall - that's how the water cycle works. If anything, there will be mass flooding, not drought.

Wouldn't some countries be drought and others flooding?

I can't wait until all the capitalist pigs die off when the world runs out of fossil fuels.
They'll whine and ----- because they don't know how to grow food or fend for themselves.

Also, simple desalination machine for the world's idiots:

Hollowed out tree trunk as a saltwater tank. Bamboo rods connecting through intricate patterns through the air to another hollowed out tree trunk. Heat up the first trunk with fire. Voila, you just discovered water distillation.

Obviously won't last long, but make the first tank out of clay and see what happens. Woohoo waterrrr ... yeah!

Last edited:
I can't wait until all the capitalist pigs die off when the world runs out of fossil fuels.
They'll whine and ----- because they don't know how to grow food or fend for themselves.

Also, simple desalination machine for the world's idiots:

Hollowed out tree trunk as a saltwater tank. Bamboo rods connecting through intricate patterns through the air to another hollowed out tree trunk. Heat up the first trunk with fire. Voila, you just discovered water distillation.

Obviously won't last long, but make the first tank out of clay and see what happens. Woohoo waterrrr ... yeah!

Yeah but think of the energy needed to evaporate that much water..

It's not about conspiracy theories or global warming. Water shortages will happen more frequently in the next decade in more of the "developed" world. We waste so much, we don't utilize our resources. There are so many documentaries on the subject worth watching. If you choose to believe it or not isn't important, if you believe it isn't true - do something to stop it happening anyway. If you believe it is true - try changing your water usage and showing others how.

It's not a matter of wasting water because there isn't such a thing. It never completely disappears, just changes form. When you let a gallon or two of water run down the drain and not actually "use" it, is that a waste? Most would say yes, but ultimately, it ends up in the sewer, goes to a filtration plant, is cleaned and then is sent back to the water supply. How is that a waste? The only thing wasted is your money as your water meter spins.

It's not too bad over here in the UK atm, it was bad at one point though.

My personal feelings is we only have our selves to blame as we waste too much and what we have done to the green house.

It's not a matter of wasting water because there isn't such a thing. It never completely disappears, just changes form. When you let a gallon or two of water run down the drain and not actually "use" it, is that a waste? Most would say yes, but ultimately, it ends up in the sewer, goes to a filtration plant, is cleaned and then is sent back to the water supply. How is that a waste? The only thing wasted is your money as your water meter spins.

It's not wasting water as such, it's wasting processed water. Once you flush it away, it needs to be processed again - and if it's been processed but not used (or used where unprocessed water could be) then you've wasted it.

It's not wasting water as such, it's wasting processed water. Once you flush it away, it needs to be processed again - and if it's been processed but not used (or used where unprocessed water could be) then you've wasted it.

Fair enough. I would agree with that.

It's not a waste in terms of the water system, but the water system is very wasteful in the UK. How many damaged pipes are there. They take their time fixing it wasting millions of gallons each year and that's fine, but we have a mild leak and don't stop it, we get fined hundreds to thousands of pounds. Water will be around yes, but it's wasted in terms of natural source points worldwide, affecting the wildlife, plantations, ecosystems surrounding them.

edit: It's also wasted in the running of our society through buying premade goods (and those that are wasted due to over stocking/no real demand). Like it takes nearly 40 litres of water to produce one slice of wheat bread, numbers like that are astounding when you take into account how much bread is eaten each year worldwide, and how much is actually wasted.

Last edited:
We'll figure something out. I don't think we'll run out of water, and I don't think we'll run out of oil. We're on a pretty good track to drop consumption of oil by a significant amount, and I personally don't see too many downsides to this "global warming" "conspiracy".
- These energy saving light bulbs actually saved us quite a bit of cash every month.
- Water saving fixtures saved a lot of water every month.
- Switching from bottled water to filtered tap saved us quite a bit.
- Overall, smog levels are down dramatically in California because of emissions regulations, while MPG ratings keep going up.
- Solar or wind power plants don't burn fuel, don't produce nuclear waste, and don't require a dam or any other weird methods.

Even if you don't believe global warming is happening... You can still support saving money, can't you? The only downsides I see are that these HUGE oil and coal companies are having to pay more money to lobbyists to protect their billions of dollars in profits, while they keep having to come up with more and more excuses why I'm paying $4.00 a gallon for gas.

They keep having to come up with more and more excuses why I'm paying $4.00 a gallon for gas.

Everytime there's an oil refinery that has an accident, prices go up. Every time an oil rig explodes, prices go up. Everytime an oil tanker is captured by pirates off the arabian peninsula, prices go up.

Here's what I don't understand... When a situation like that happens, gasoline prices jump, usually without HOURS of the incident happening. WHY?! How does something like that have anything to do with the gasoline that's already been collected, refined and transported? Gasoline that's already been in the damn storage tanks under the gas stations for weeks prior. The same damn gas that's already been paid for by the station managers well in advance. The reason is because people panic when stuff like that happens and station gouge people to beat hell.

It doesn't make any damn sense. And maybe if some of these toyota driving environmentalist morons would allow us to drill for our OWN oil, we wouldn't have to rely on importing it. OPEC would crumble and the price of gasoline would drop below a dollar a gallon. You know how much they pay for gasoline in Venezuela??? $0.12 USD per gallon. It costs them a whole $1.50 to completely FILL their car. Gasoline there is actually CHEAPER than water. We're obviously doing something wrong here!

Back