• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Water Demands

Would just like to chime in to say Britain's average petrol price right now is $8.00/us gal.

We were always told that cars in Britain have extremely good MPG ratings, because their gas is much cleaner and more refined.... And we just don't have that capability, which is why we struggle to produce 35mpg in a car (14.88 KPL, 42 UK MPG).

I don't think we have the capability to produce as much oil as Venezuela though. We could have Natural Gas powered vehicles, since it's an abundant resource over here, or we could use Electric cars when the battery technology gets better. I think relying on an outdated technology is only empowering the oil companies more.

I don't care what anyone says. In my opinion, we are not going to run out of water. There is more water then land. If it comes down to it drink the rain water that falls from the sky, melt down an ice cycle! Something, there is always going to be water in my opinion! But as stated, that's just my opinion.

We were always told that cars in Britain have extremely good MPG ratings, because their gas is much cleaner and more refined.... And we just don't have that capability, which is why we struggle to produce 35mpg in a car (14.88 KPL, 42 UK MPG).

I don't think we have the capability to produce as much oil as Venezuela though. We could have Natural Gas powered vehicles, since it's an abundant resource over here, or we could use Electric cars when the battery technology gets better. I think relying on an outdated technology is only empowering the oil companies more.

All of our public transit buses run on natural gas. They sound weird and it's very distinct. Almost sounds like a wheeled space-ship rolling down the street. Subway cars obviously are electric. The two extensions to our subway system that are planned will also be electric.

Funny, though. All the rednecks in Georgia keep voting to reduce local funding for the subway system and have consistently barred state funding for it since its inception, making the Atlanta system the only subway system in the US without state funding. They're afraid black people will leave here and move to the suburbs.

Last edited:
For some reason, they've always paid about double what we do. The cost to refine and transport must be significantly higher.

A lot of it is the tax. We pay 60-70p in tax per litre (current price £1.30). Pretty sure the stations push their margins a bit higher too, because they can get away with it. Greedy ----s.

If I'm not mistaken, the US imports the most oil from Canada out of the other countries. I'm not sure how prices are so much... especially for us. We're paying $1.10-$1.20/L and the US is paying like $0.85/L even though we produce more oil than USA does.

if i run outa water ill just make some.
global warming is not a myth, its backed by data of temp raise co2 rise.

No, global warming is not a myth. There's no doubt that the global climates are changing. But you have to take a broader look at the entire picture rather than just with the last few decades, or even a few centuries.

Climate change patterns (such as this one) have been going on since the creation of the planet. The real question isn't whether it's happening or not (because it is) but whether it's man made or just a natural occurance that people are trying to BLAME on man.

This is not possible because more than 75% of earth consists of water.

That's already been pointed out. The correct number is somewhere around 70 or 71 percent, but only a small amount of this is usable without some kind of desalination process.

Okay, well first of all, we're not going to lose any water. Ever. It's like energy, it doesn't go anywhere, just changes state.

Secondly that article was stupid and didn't have any explanations in it as to where this chunk of water might go to.
If there's more water in the world from the ice caps melting, then there will be more rainfall - that's how the water cycle works. If anything, there will be mass flooding, not drought.

I think that the question was about potable water, but not all water in the world. And about flooding your are right. But later the climate will change greatly and noone knows where there will be droughts.

No, global warming is not a myth. There's no doubt that the global climates are changing. But you have to take a broader look at the entire picture rather than just with the last few decades, or even a few centuries.

Climate change patterns (such as this one) have been going on since the creation of the planet. The real question isn't whether it's happening or not (because it is) but whether it's man made or just a natural occurance that people are trying to BLAME on man.

Compare CO2 to temp changes over the last 30 years, its obv the carbon...

Back