• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

warning: fake name

Status
Not open for further replies.

gate2vn

Please anyone DONOT make any transaction with member GATES. He's trying to use our brandname to sell hosting. How do you think when you received this info

Gates said:
please dont hesitate to contact me @ gate2vn@hotmail.com or aim gat2vnnet

He's even using our website for advertisement

Gates said:
sorry, it is gate2vn.net and yes lol sorry bout that....... :D
xxx said:
Gates said:
do you have any relation to gate2vn.net?
because your site is still under construction...means you look pretty new and my partner would rather be at companies with a reputation.

LOL... We know what the sitename is. We DO NOT use email @hotmail, @yahoo... or something like that to make transactions with customers. We own our name, and use it for transactions. Dont put your money to the air.
to mods: can you please ban that member from the forums? thanks

Last edited:
Hmm... why would he do that? Lol. Im not sure what hed even get out of it because I dont think anyone would just send money to his paypal account since your site is up and they would just order it through your site. Well, whatever haha. But if I see him anywhere else Ill warn customers about him.

I am not sure either, but it makes me remember to an old thread: another member complains why he hasnt received anything after making payment.... trying to find out that thread now

Very interesting. Same sort of case except this Gates guy hasnt tried to sell anything yet (I dont think). But its a little suspicious with some guy just kind of advertising for you.... when you dont know who it is lol.

wow it is really big scum . Doesn't seem to be big but this guys can do this overand over to con people by using our names. It should be dealt with radical ways (We could hang them in town center so it would be a good example to other con artists.). Day by day the net turning in to the wild wild west.

actually, he offered a Celeron 2.4GHz box with cPanel / 100mbps port at $80/month, that's we never have. At 2.4, we have dozen XP2400 boxes, but not Celeron, and not at such low price. I appreciate someone advertising our services, but think again, if you are customer, you agree with his offer, how he can deliver server to customer?

Me and my partner received an offer from him and were going to order, looks like he nearly got us. Your thread has warned us, and I couldnt thank you any more! :biggrin2:

Did he say how to order from him? If he told you to send it straight to his paypal address that would be very bad for gate2vn...

haha... read this. You can have your own conclusion. If you see this nickname (gate2vnnet, gat2vnnet... or something like that) anywhere, just warning ppl

gate2vnnet: lo
gate2vn: what can I do for you?
gate2vnnet: resell your dedicated servers yes
gate2vnnet: advertiseb for u
gate2vn: sorry, I dont know who you are
gate2vnnet: so..
gate2vnnet: for u good one
gate2vn: for reselling our services, you must be our customer first
gate2vnnet: i am shared
gate2vn: ?
gate2vnnet: i account have
gate2vn: which account?
gate2vnnet: layere techno
gate2vn: I believe that we dont have any account like that
gate2vnnet: no i ahve account at layered tech
gate2vn: so, you can resell LT's servers, and contact LT, not us
gate2vnnet: i cant resell u?
gate2vn: cause you are not our customer
gate2vnnet: well i have 1 customer already i agreed and he want server i no scam so i give him server from u i send payment to u
gate2vn: I am sorry, but I cannot break our policy
gate2vnnet: it your company he bought from, im paying u to setup the server and give it to me and i will direct him the server
gate2vn: let's say: you can order our server, then resell to your customers. But you have to pay first
gate2vnnet: yea i pay u they pay me
gate2vnnet: thats what im doing now
gate2vnnet: :S
gate2vn: another thing that we dont allow customers to use our brandname
gate2vnnet: so wat should i vcall my self
gate2vn: so, you will need to have your brandname, do not use our name like what you are doing now
gate2vnnet: i have no website for resell
gate2vnnet: i have no brand name if i say i am gate2vn reseller hey will purchase\
gate2vn: I am sorry, I dont know who you are, so I cannot allow that
gate2vnnet: :-D
gate2vnnet: if u dont let me resell i will scam your companies name bad image
gate2vnnet: :-[
gate2vn: no one believes you ;-) cause we never sell services through IM
gate2vnnet: they dont know :d
gate2vnnet: :-D
gate2vnnet: im gonna get so many ppl's money under your name :D GOOD LCUK
gate2vnnet: hbad boi
gate2vnnet: scammer
gate2vnnet: i have to go
gate2vnnet: sex in bed bye

Last edited:
maybe after be banned here, that member tried to register IM, and trying to fake new customers. So, if you see any offer through IM, or asking to make order through IM, dont believe it.
- We do not allow anyone sell services under our brandname, except our staff.
- All the orders need to be made through HTTPS page on our site
- We do not use free email to contact customers

Other hosts can be careful through this issue as well.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back