• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WARNING! don't use ikobo money transfer service!

danieln

warning guys! better stay away!

you are lucky to use the account now, but when there is problem and your account gets blocked, there's where the nightmare starts! my account was blocked for no reason twice a month.

i'm doing web design and i used it just because my customer want's to use the service, so i signed up and send a USD20 over to my customer so that he can get the ikard.

the moment i complete the transfer, my account and my customer's account was immediately blocked!

we have send over our required documents by email and ikobo just reply saying they can not serve us with no reasons given at all. we then replied the email to limits@ikobo.net explaining what we are doing on 23/11, and there was nothing heard from ikobo till now.

i have a few times trying to get this problem to the online chat staffs, they just tell you they can't do anything and give you emails to contact and those emails are not replied!

furthermore, the online staff service is the worst i ever met. they just give you the email and then say a thank you then they will just disconnect you from the chat leaving you lost and helpless.

just imagine, $20 is a small amount, but if ikobo does this to 1000 customers, how much are they holding ? this is a real scam!

also just do a simple search online and you will find tons of pages sharing the ugly service ikobo is providing.

i have went to http://www.atlanta.bbb.org/commonre...?compid=7000398 and got an email address avalera@ikobo.net which is stated as their Customer Relations officer. but even sending my problem to this email address also i did not even get any reply from ikobo

so for you who is still having the good service, congrats, and i wish you good luck. for those who are considering, please think over a thousand times first.

Interesting. I also wonder why would anyone wanna use iKobo and Bidpay when there is Paypal.

darkcurves said:
Interesting. I also wonder why would anyone wanna use iKobo and Bidpay when there is Paypal.

Because not everyone likes or trusts paypal, I've heard some real horror stories about them & I will never use them, if paypal is the only payment option I'm given, I find another place to get what I want!! :rolleyes2

I keep 10 bucks in my paypal and the rest goes into my bank account.
been a member for 10months and never had a problem.

horror stories are made by people who wanted to horifically scam paypal ;)

one reason is that paypal doesnt support some countries like mine (Philippines)

Last edited:
I for one have been using ikobo for some time and I don't think they're that bad. True, they could improve on some things, but overall I find them quite convenient, especially since no other service was going to do business with be because of my country.

I live in Eastern Europe and all I have to say is that I am glad that I found iKobo. No problems here whatsoever except their slow customer support service.

no

but there is generally a 7ish $ transaction fee

at least here, maybe at your place it's higher, heck someone over here gets 20$ cut off his 100$ check only to deposit it. (usd)

Wojtek said:
no

but there is generally a 7ish $ transaction fee

at least here, maybe at your place it's higher, heck someone over here gets 20$ cut off his 100$ check only to deposit it. (usd)

Who pays USD20 to deposit his cheque?

Yeah, really, this all seems like a lot of money. I understand it's supposed to be safe and all, but so far I don't have any security problem and my fees are nowhere near those you're mentioning here. For now, I suppose ikobo is all I've got!

yeah, you have a point there. If you send 200$ worldwide using ikobo you will pay 11$. Anyay, online transactions are the future now! Long live the internet. LOL

Hmm, well with western union I think you'd have to pay like $20 for each $100 you send. Doesn't seem like a pretty good deal to me. :rolleyes2

Back