• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wanted: PHP & MySQL, FTP, NO ADS, +20MB, +300MB transfer, Sub-Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by eminence
To be honest I don't care if YOU think I am being too greedy... If you would like to keep on topic and suggest a place that might be hosted then please feel free to post away.

Thank you,
eminence

I did suggest a place? You sound like you're about to bite someone's head off... I'm pretty sure people are allowed to advise here? There aren't many free hosts supporting what you want and if all the people here request what you wanted, what would we say... "that there isn't one?" I only recommended that you lower your requirments.

I suspect you're in luck because in the free hosting offer forum, there are quite a few generous people who are offering free hosting supporting your request.

Originally posted by CareBear
Try looking at it from the opposite side.. if you have to make an effort to get an account it's likely there will be less people all stuffed onto one single server and they probably get a lot less abuse then hosts that have an instant free signup.
Free hosting is still something they offer you.. it's not a universal right. I think a few minutes of your time a day to contribute to their forums is a very reasonable thing in exchange for free hosting.
That is PRECISELY why we have the posting requirements!
It is implemented purely as a population control and also
serves as an ingenious way to filter and screen out people
we wouldn't want to host in the first place.

The posting requirements are actually very easy at
AMZ Web Hosting. While we see people that bawk at
the low numbers such as 10 posts for hosting and 50 posts
for MySQL, realize that most of our members have more
than 500 posts on their accounts!

We have a hidden forum for our top members where they
continually laugh about all the new visitors that complain
about the posting requirements as many of them once
made the same complaints at first and can laugh about
it now. I thought one guy was never going to survive
his first 10 posts he complained so loudly and now has
more than 1100 posts and is one of our moderators!

We only require 10 points to get a hosting account and
50 points to upgrade to MySQL access. This is usually
done in a day or two for most users that actively participate
in the community. It's incredibly easy.

The posting requirements have served our purposes very
well and have allowed us to remain fast and stable while
many other hosts have risen and fallen. The whole point
of the policy is merely to allow us to screen out unwanted
hosting users.

Statistically, any host that even attempts to match our
hosting account features doesn't last six months or becomes
very unstable almost immediately. Over the past two years,
we have held a 99.9% uptime and currently host more than
16,000 FREE web hosting accounts. Obviously the posting
requirement policy is a good thing.

If you are just so wimpy that you can't handle even
participating a little to earn your account, you can always
buy it instead. For $3.95 per month, we offer a paid commercial
account that has more space and features than the FREE
accounts without any of the posting requirments.

Originally posted by notnamed
I'm a little late but...
I went to ghs20.com, all it is is a graphic that says "Bye!". You said Arura.com was discontinuing it's services. Hostnation is a paid hosting company. So yes, unless you can find another mainstream free host with CPanel 'his claim is true'.
Just my .02c

Ok notnamed not to be a too bad a person but if you either read what he said closer or learned english a bit better you could see he put it in the past tense..

Last edited:
But you know the only problem with Ish.biz is to put in php my admin is a hassel when you do not know the sql host ('localhost')

Originally posted by dsgdevil
Now what the hell is your problem?You were asking for FREE hosting!You're the one who started this thread to ask if people knew a free hosting company with your requirements and people were trying to help you.Now there arent any host like that and KBC suggested you to go lower in the requirements and now you come back with insultes just because there arent anyone who'll host you?If you want that much then go pay.:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
Exactly, your blacklisted 'eminence'

everyone needs to STFU.
and for people that keep saying ppl are greedy needs to go over to the paid host forum and stop coming over in the free forum and bitching ppl.
and stop be little tattle-tails. like:

"there's no such thing as unlimited"
who cares!! then ask them nicely to call it unmetered for now on.

"what are u using it for"
why is it even your business; are u the one hosting them.

"omg are you going to use it for warez"
please STFU. i'm tried of reading ppl post that on pactically ever thread.

"it's impossible to have that much free stuff"
ooh and aren't you the one who sayed unlimited bandwith is impossible. ignorant maggot. hahaha

thank you and have a day :p

It's really rather simple... anything in excess of 500Mb to 1Gb/monthly transfer and over 50-100Mb disk space doesn't count as a normal personal page anymore in my view.
Considering everyone (in this forum) expects it for free you have to be prepared to deal with things like having ads/popups appear on your page and be grateful there are some hosts around that make ads non disruptive to your layout.
A text link placed somewhere on your page is not an ad. It doesn't get the host any sort of income to compensate for what they're giving you for free. I don't even really consider a banner ad placed at the bottom of a page an ad since hardly anyone will ever look that far down a page and still actually click.

If you want to go above those limits then you're going to have to accept it'll be very difficult to get what you want for free and not be surprised when there aren't any hosts willing to offer you what you want. A lot of regulars here have paid hosting and to see someone post here and expect to get what they pay good money for, for free is just slightly annoying.

If people would be more realistic in what they're asking then there wouldn't be so many of these debates going on over and over.
If you ask for features that only come with paid hosting then expect to get told to consider paid hosting.

A lot of people new to the forum come here and post outrageous "demands" over and over each day.. if they stick around and read other posts in the forums eventually they realize what normal expectations of a free host are.

Asking what someone's site is going to be about is very good, to the point question. I've personally seen a few dozen people wanting to host mp3's which is just an impossible demand for free hosting considering the host isn't going to listen to each and every song to check copyright violations and they incur huge traffic when people start downloading them.
If someone wants to have a site just so they can run a forum they're better off getting a remotely hosted forum.

As far as the unlimited goes, it's unlimited in the same sense as "all you can eat" restaurants. Unlimited means as much as the average personal site needs, you can be sure that if you go way above what they consider acceptable you'll find yourself without a host because they either pay per Gb of traffic or they lease a line and too much traffic will just saturate their connection and put a halt to everything.
Same with unmetered.. even if they truly do not measure anything (which I sincerely doubt) they're going to start investigating once their host presents them with a huge bill for traffic or when people start cancelling because downloads are just too painfully slow.

Originally posted by hapanasu

ooh and aren't you the one who sayed unlimited bandwith is impossible. ignorant maggot. hahaha

Shut the ---- up? Aren't you the rude "ignorant maggot" ?

"everyone needs to STFU"... who are you to talk?

"why is it even your business; are u the one hosting them."? People ask to see what they will use the webspace for... there are certain paid customers here who are willing to host the person who is requesting for hosting depending on what they will use the space for.

"please STFU. i'm tried of reading ppl post that on pactically ever thread." Please "STFU"? If you're tired of reading all these posts then don't read it? There are many people here who will take advantage over free hosts and use them for warez, people are just making others be aware of the issue.

So please, don't just come here and criticise what people post and go around saying "Shut the f*ck up"...

Originally posted by KBC
Shut the ---- up? Aren't you the rude "ignorant maggot" ?

"everyone needs to STFU"... who are you to talk?

"why is it even your business; are u the one hosting them."? People ask to see what they will use the webspace for... there are certain paid customers here who are willing to host the person who is requesting for hosting depending on what they will use the space for.

"please STFU. i'm tried of reading ppl post that on pactically ever thread." Please "STFU"? If you're tired of reading all these posts then don't read it? There are many people here who will take advantage over free hosts and use them for warez, people are just making others be aware of the issue.

So please, don't just come here and criticise what people post and go around saying "Shut the f*ck up"...

:biggrin2:
hypocrite

Originally posted by hapanasu
everyone needs to STFU.
No, Just you. You obiouslvy have no experience therefore no good ground to start an argument.
"there's no such thing as unlimited"
who cares!! then ask them nicely to call it unmetered for now on.
People are just warning you, don't take it as an insult.

"what are u using it for"
why is it even your business; are u the one hosting them.
err. Yes, I am the one hosting them.

"omg are you going to use it for warez"
please STFU. i'm tried of reading ppl post that on pactically ever thread.
Well lighten up, this is what people use it for and its a huge problem

Wow, great comeback. Give the guy a medal!

Originally posted by Kaliber
Oh, and that reminds me. Blacklisted.

hahaha why are ppl replying to me. i was just stating what was in my mind at the time since i been to freewebspace.net since the year 2000. and how theres a trend that goes around where ppl say the same thing over and over again. :cool:

what do you mean by Blacklisted.

i wasn't insulting anyone unless they thought that way. o well i wasn't trying to direct to any one at all.:crysad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back