• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wanted: PHP & MySQL, FTP, NO ADS, +20MB, +300MB transfer, Sub-Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

eminence

Hello all,

I am on the hunt for a new host again. Unfortunately Arura.com has ceased the free sub-domain hosting and I have to look elsewhere. Thanks Arura for having me for so long on your brilliant service.

Ok down to the serious stuff. The minimum required specs are listed below:

- PHP
- MySQL
- FTP
- 20MB disk space
- 300MB data transfer/bandwidth
- Sub-domain
- No Ads (might accept textlink or mini-banner (bottom of page only))
- Fast

Here are the preferred specs:

- CPanel
- No Ads
- Webalizer

Please no sites that require me to endlessly post in their forums I don't mind the occasional post (something around 3 per month or something).

Services tried before and found to be useless or gone bust:
- tripod.co.uk
- f2s.com
- arura.com
- clawz.com
- ghs20.com
- jaha.dk
- spaceports.com
- flatface.net

please do not recommend any of the above again.

Its for an Alfa Romeo Sprint page: http://www.eminence.arura.com

Thanks in advance for your help,
eminence

Last edited:
Maybe try www.ish.biz (I checked them out yesterday for someone else)

20mb of space
1GB bandwidth
Pop3, Imap (Sorry no smtp or sendmail)
FTP Account
PHP, Mysql, Perl, SSI, FrontPage
Domain name Support (name.com)
Sub-domain support (name.ish.biz)
Preinstalled scripts
Control panel (http://admin.trouble-free.net/)
Same Day Activation
Footer Button Link Ad

Originally posted by Matt8
I don't think there is even a free host with cpanel!!!

some gaming sites offer good free hosting with cPanel.
but you almost can't find those sites

I don't get ish.biz. If they're free, why do they need my credit card number?

And they pretty much require that we use a paid e-mail account or our ISP. They're oblivious to the fact that not all ISPs in the world offer an e-mail address. :(

Originally posted by conkermaniac
I don't get ish.biz. If they're free, why do they need my credit card number?

And they pretty much require that we use a paid e-mail account or our ISP. They're oblivious to the fact that not all ISPs in the world offer an e-mail address. :(

You're supposed to select Check/Money Order on the signup page.

Try www.amzweb.net Has everything you need with a few posting requirements, but hey, its free!

Thanks for the recommendation, Matt8 !
We appreciate that ..

Just an added note, the administrator control panel
that we have for our members at AMZ Web Hosting
is far better than CPANEL and has a lot more
capabilities.

We are using PLESK as our control panel software
on all the hosting accounts ( http://www.plesk.com )

Well aboth Arura.com, ghs20.com and hoststation.net offered it so I don't think your claim can be true.

Thanks for your help I will look into AMZweb but in the mean time can anybody think of any other services that match the criteria.

eminence

Well I checked up on AMZWeb.net and they require endless posts and I need atleast 50 post just to get what should be a standard feature of MySQL. So that host more useless than broken air scooper. Please only suggest sites that meet the guidelines I set out.

Thanks for your help,
eminence

Originally posted by eminence
Well I checked up on AMZWeb.net and they require endless posts and I need atleast 50 post just to get what should be a standard feature of MySQL. So that host more useless than broken air scooper. Please only suggest sites that meet the guidelines I set out.

Thanks for your help,
eminence
Try looking at it from the opposite side.. if you have to make an effort to get an account it's likely there will be less people all stuffed onto one single server and they probably get a lot less abuse then hosts that have an instant free signup.
Free hosting is still something they offer you.. it's not a universal right. I think a few minutes of your time a day to contribute to their forums is a very reasonable thing in exchange for free hosting.

Yes your right it is a very reasonable thing to expect. But thats not the point, I specifically asked for it not to be listed if this was required because I knew that I would not be able to meet their requirements as far as posting is goes.

Thanks,
eminence

Well aboth Arura.com, ghs20.com and hoststation.net offered it so I don't think your claim can be true.
I'm a little late but...
I went to ghs20.com, all it is is a graphic that says "Bye!". You said Arura.com was discontinuing it's services. Hostnation is a paid hosting company. So yes, unless you can find another mainstream free host with CPanel 'his claim is true'.
Just my .02c

Originally posted by notnamed
I'm a little late but...
I went to ghs20.com, all it is is a graphic that says "Bye!". You said Arura.com was discontinuing it's services. Hostnation is a paid hosting company. So yes, unless you can find another mainstream free host with CPanel 'his claim is true'.
Just my .02c

I was going to say that... CPanel is mostly a paid option... with CPanel, you get all the goods and features. Personally I think you're being too greedy... in exchange for a measly (might accept textlink or mini-banner (bottom of page only))...

Which you may as well class as not an ad...

If you don't want to earn it, check out http://www.altervista.org/

It's Italian...

To be honest I don't care if YOU think I am being too greedy. If people like Arura are prepared to giveaway free hosting like that then I don't think its too much to ask. Many hosts allow their members the same priveliges and I was hoping to find a new.

If you just wanna bitch about my request then go somewhere else or start a new bitching thread somewhere else. If you would like to keep on topic and suggest a place that might be hosted then please feel free to post away.

Thank you,
eminence

Originally posted by eminence
To be honest I don't care if YOU think I am being too greedy. If people like Arura are prepared to giveaway free hosting like that then I don't think its too much to ask. Many hosts allow their members the same priveliges and I was hoping to find a new.

If you just wanna bitch about my request then go somewhere else or start a new bitching thread somewhere else. If you would like to keep on topic and suggest a place that might be hosted then please feel free to post away.

Thank you,
eminence
Now what the hell is your problem?You were asking for FREE hosting!You're the one who started this thread to ask if people knew a free hosting company with your requirements and people were trying to help you.Now there arent any host like that and KBC suggested you to go lower in the requirements and now you come back with insultes just because there arent anyone who'll host you?If you want that much then go pay.:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I am truely sorry if you felt insulted by this. It was not intended as such. I was just trying to get people back on topic again.

if you are willing to give up the cpanel, check out 70megs hosting at this thread

and there is no need for that you could have got the topic on track a lot better. No harm, no foul I hope.

Thanks for that. And yes I can do without CPanel, because its in the preffered section of the request.

Thanks again,
eminence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back