• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

VPS sponsor anyone?

Kenner

Hello I need a VPS sponsor for my minecraft server. In return I will put banner on my website and the donations to the hoster.
I hope someone here will thanks :D

my skype is: kenner.rondilla (if you wish to talk to me more)

I think his has been repeated a few times, but you should not expect a decent quality VPS for free.

Free VPS will never have the ability to run a full-fetched game server. Try collecting donations, ads on your forum/site and buy one.

mmm, whats the error you get kenner?

@nextgen lies and disinfo there, you can expect good quality from a free vps, thats just lies and disinfo from all you paid hosts out there. i have a free vps that does host a full fledged game server. so yea, squished your lies there :)

Last edited:
mmm, whats the error you get kenner?

@nextgen lies and disinfo there, you can expect good quality from a free vps, thats just lies and disinfo from all you paid hosts out there. i have a free vps that does host a full fledged game server. so yea, squished your lies there :)

It's not completely false either. The problem with offering free VPSs is that there is no reliable method of recovering the operating costs of providing them. mtw's solution to this is to offer them as a post2host, but he lacks the money to properly implement that approach resulting in a service that may not be the most stable in the long term.

However even a post2host solution does not reliably produce enough income to guarantee a stable VPS offering, otherwise all of the hosts capable of supporting a VPS node would be offering a similar lineup to what he is. The few that do are using OpenVZ-based VPSs on heavily oversold nodes in order to make ends meet. Any VPSs obtained that way are likely to be sluggish performing and prone to service outages.

I don't offer VPSs at all at this time, so keep that in mind before you accuse me of spreading lies. That's an inside perspective from a host who has been looking at alternative possibilities in the current marketplace. I actually helped mtw develop his approach, giving him figures based on actual forum post counts on approximately how many posts it takes to make a given amount of money so he could set his posting requirements. And had I been satisfied with the bottom line when I calculated those numbers, I would have actually started up a similar operation to compete with mtw except using my own VPS node. What I found out was in order to make such a service make ends meet at all, the post count had to be substantially higher than for shared hosting, and even at that there is next to no profits.

Sponsored VPSs run into a similar dilemna. It costs real money for the sponsor to provide it, and they can be a huge risk if attacked or if they cause copyright problems. Sometimes you will find a host generous enough to take the chance, but there are far more people asking for such than people willing to provide it.

Last edited:

You have to remember that with standard free hosting (p2h, ads, etc), you might have 1000 or more accounts on a single server to make up your costs. You might only have 50-60 users on a VPS node, to cover the same costs, unless as Seraphim mentioned, the node is severely oversold. An oversold /vpS node is not suitable for gameservers, or much of anything else,quite frankly.

oO still looking :D

Okay, I'll bite. You say you'll put a banner on your website. How many of your users are interested in purchasing web hosting within the next 4-6 months? Also, how many donations (how much money total?) are you currently receiving from your members?

lies and disinfo, mightve been true when everything was single core, but todays tech, paid hosts that sponsor these deals
to a free/p2h host are running nicely setup multicore systems, kinda hard to oversell with something that could easily handle 100 vps setups, lol. when on average, p2h hosts give out 10, maybe 15 vps's tops, lol.

and it cant rly be that bad, i myself got a vps, nothin fancy, 10 gb hdd space, 128 mb ram with an i7 dual core setup.
i can run a shoutcast server, a jka server and the shoutcast transcoder easy with ram to spare :)

so go backquiet, those are definitely paid host lies to scare anybody they can from a free host, squished

kinda hard to oversell with something that could easily handle 100 vps setups, lol. when on average, p2h hosts give out 10, maybe 15 vps's tops, lol.

You'll almost never max out the CPU in any setup these days, VPS or shared. Try running 100 VPSs on a single server, however, and the disk i/o is going to slow absolutely everything to a crawl.

Lies and disinfo??? Exactly how long have you been in the hosting business again? You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, I'm afraid. Until you've put together the servers and run the business, don't go spreading YOUR lies and "disinfo".

Where do you come up with your "10, maybe 15 VPSs" average? You're telling me that a free host is spending $300+ on a server (and that's a very low cost), so that they can put 10 (maybe 15) VPSs on it, and give it away for free? You really believe that 10 or 15 people are going to make up that cost?

I wish I lived in your dreamworld ftube_creator, and could run my business like that. It would be amazing!

lies and disinfo, mightve been true when everything was single core, but todays tech, paid hosts that sponsor these deals
to a free/p2h host are running nicely setup multicore systems, kinda hard to oversell with something that could easily handle 100 vps setups, lol. when on average, p2h hosts give out 10, maybe 15 vps's tops, lol.

and it cant rly be that bad, i myself got a vps, nothin fancy, 10 gb hdd space, 128 mb ram with an i7 dual core setup.
i can run a shoutcast server, a jka server and the shoutcast transcoder easy with ram to spare :)

so go backquiet, those are definitely paid host lies to scare anybody they can from a free host, squished

You haven't squished anything at all. All you've done is proven how little you know about the technology. 128MB of RAM? Good for maybe 3 people on a minecraft server even with the most streamlined configurations I know. Of course that one performs, it's so tiny that they aren't anywhere near their node's capacity limit. A tiny little VPS like that would only consume maybe a dollar's worth of resources in a month, which is theoretically possible for a post2host to recover. Though I doubt it, having seen the statistics of the forums I host that show how disappointing the ad payouts of a forum are.

But a real VPS of a size that is really useful for a game server, like the 1GB VPS that powers a friends minecraft server I manage, you just plain are not going to find that for free because it costs too much to the host to maintain. In the case of my example, the owner of it also owns the node it runs on, and I just manage it for him since I owe him a few favors. Even a cut-rate VPS at that size will cost the host around $7 to $15 per month to provide in hardware capacity and bandwidth, which is usually marked up to give the $15-$30 price range typical of that size VPS.

You just plain are not going to see one like that given away for free, because no host can reliably recover that kind of income from it even with a post2host solution.

Last edited:
Hello I need a VPS sponsor for my minecraft server. In return I will put banner on my website and the donations to the hoster.
I hope someone here will thanks :D

my skype is: kenner.rondilla (if you wish to talk to me more)

Just get some friends together and get a real dedicated server lots of of paid web hosts don't allow mine craft servers so I don't think you'll find a decent free solution.

lol, did i say minecraft? no, i said jka mudduck, lol. so ya i did squish you, and it actually shows how little you know and read, i know i cant run an mc server with 128 mb, lol. so yea, i squished ya mudduck, now go backquiet.

all lies and disinfo, lol.

lol, did i say minecraft? no, i said jka mudduck, lol. so ya i did squish you, and it actually shows how little you know and read, i know i cant run an mc server with 128 mb, lol. so yea, i squished ya mudduck, now go backquiet.

all lies and disinfo, lol.

This isn't even your thread. So whats your point then?
The OP wanted minecraft.

Last edited:
ftube_creator, you sound like an absolute uneducated fool with your CB lingo, which nobody in the civilized world has used in probably a good 20 years.

I feel loved here <3 xD. LOL

Ha ha ha!!

In case you missed it Kenner, I did slip a couple questions in there on the last page:

Okay, I'll bite. You say you'll put a banner on your website. How many of your users are interested in purchasing web hosting within the next 4-6 months? Also, how many donations (how much money total?) are you currently receiving from your members?

Back