• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

VPS or Dedicated Server

seotout

Hi All,

Hope you can share your knowledge with me but I am thinking about upgrading from hostmonster.com to a VPS or DS.

Or sticking with HM because they are 99% good but I am in the UK and there in the US.

So I have seen my domain company lcn.com start doing DS for £45 GBP + £25 GBP for Cpanel Per month for xeon quad 2.2ghz 2GB ram, etc, etc.

But I don't really want to pay for Cpanel as in the US it comes almost as standard.

There is an option for Webmin but I have never used it before and there is no comparisons.

Can anyone give any feedback on the package and server software.

Or recommend any US hosting companies (No Full on Sales pitches please) that offer what hostmonster.com do as I like their service.

Hi All,

Hope you can share your knowledge with me but I am thinking about upgrading from hostmonster.com to a VPS or DS.

My first question before i can say anything else is why do you need a VPS or Dedicated Server?

Is your site consuming so many resources that it can't be hosted on a shared server?

Hi,
I am T. coggio and owner of VPS server. I need some cPanel help to resolve the server. Pls ask me what I have to do?
Thanks for help.

With some providers the cost of cPanel is added in with the price of the server, so it seems as if it's a freebie with the server.

We can offer you a Linux VPS with cPanel for around £22.49. If you know how much disk space, memory and bandwidth you'll require, I'll be able to provide an exact quote. The quote of £22.49 would be for our Advanced VPS including cPanel (with discount).

Those who offer cPanel/WHM free, they add the price of cPanel
in the price of the server. I agree with John. :)

I believe that first of all you need to decide what you need and then start your search. Once you know how much RAM and CPU you need you will b able to detarmine what is better for you VPS or dedicated.

Hello Joe,

As everyone else has pointed out, it may be best to know if you have simply outgrown a traditional Shared Hosting account or if your just looking to shop around. I can certainly make an recommendation for you either way.

In my opinion the most suitable one the best one,if you met any problem while hosting on the shared server, deal with it together the hosting provider first ,then make a decision.

Without knowing your system requirements or budget we cannot quote you a certain package but, if you decide to go with a low cost but reliable VPS solution, please feel free to have a look at our different VPS packages. They start as low as $4.75 a month and go all the way up to $320 a month depending on the system resources you require.

Good luck!

For me, I would prefer dedicated server. I am pretty much sure it is more stable and reliable. Though. I agree with webIntellects-R, this thread is quite old, so I think he had made up his mind already and have chosen between the two. And surely he is enjoying the fruits of his choice right now.

Last edited:
Back