• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Vista Basic or Premium?

aggiedude

So I need to get a copy of vista to install on my mac via boot camp. I switched over to my MacBook Pro and realized real quick when I was commissioned for a new website how much I needed some older software that I can't buy for Mac. I tried installing a copy of XP Pro I have (I obtained it legally through eBay, however, it turned out to be a illegal copy that will install on as many machines as I like, but apparently Boot Camp knows its "illegal") but boot camp spit that right back out, so Vista I suppose it is. But I only need it to run some older apps and maybe play a couple of games (ie Sims 2 and other strategy games I find entertaining). So should I even fork out the cash for Premium or just go with Basic? I love saving money, so the thought of Basic is attractive...whats everyones opinion?

if you have to get vista, get ultimate. just curious as to what you have to run for older programs besides games that dont matter?

I'd recommend Windows Vista Home Premium, that's if your hardware can handle it, and you want the likes of Windows Media Center built-in.

Dude! +rep for you, AMAZING link, really put me off Windows7 that did!
Adams gone to the darkside since they have cookies.

I'd personally go premium/ultimate, OR even download the leaked 7106 build of Windows 7 which is supposingly pretty stable.

Back