• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Very disappointed in my host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know u probably dont allow this on the server. But will you allow links in pages to roms or episodes and such which WONT BE ON your server. BASICALLY what im asking is if you allow links to be on the page within the server, thats it, (the files wont be located in your servers)

*NOTE that the files (roms and eps) are not on the myacen server. Just a emulator link in a page in the server.

Use of the Myacen Network's service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.

Are you sure you read the terms of service :)

Lets say i skimmed by them : just one question ? How are anime pictures allowed then since to my other host they were copyrighted material.

Pictures are a touchy subject most pictures on websites have been in some way illegally obtained. With all the sites out their I don't see other DBZ sites getting shutdown for using these images. I would think the creators of DBZ would promote it.

Originally posted by Myacen Network
Pictures are a touchy subject most pictures on websites have been in some way illegally obtained...I would think the creators of DBZ would promote it.
And every other fan site/image gallery out there, which isn't fair, because we are limited to just images [all of which are "illegally obtained" unless they are fan drawn].

Originally posted by Myacen Network
Pictures are a touchy subject most pictures on websites have been in some way illegally obtained. With all the sites out their I don't see other DBZ sites getting shutdown for using these images. I would think the creators of DBZ would promote it.
does that mean myacen lets you host a fan page with copyrighted images?

Originally posted by ac3

does that mean myacen lets you host a fan page with copyrighted images?

As long as you are the copyright owner ... or have written permission from the copyright owner.

Originally posted by Korval
Does anyone know how much effect a UBB (CGI) with an average of 3 active users on the forums can have on server resources? Just a rough estimate...

Yes its gone off topic, hasn't it? :D So nobody can give me an answer then?

Originally posted by Korval

Yes its gone off topic, hasn't it? :D So nobody can give me an answer then?

ERM ... average 3 users ... hmmm ... not much .. depending on how much your forum is used / posted on ....

but i would recommened using wbb .. or some kindof php board .. as it uses alot less server resources ... or if your struck with cgi .. use ikonboard 3 full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back