• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

VDS hosting from Myriadnetwork.com

goblin77

I need a VDS and my partner recommended me to buy it from Myriadnetwork.com. Their Value plan (Disk 10 GB, Bandwidth 450 GB, Price $44.95) suits me well but I wonder what the community thinks of this company. Is it reliable enough to sign up with?

Myriadnetwork.com forum and especially Server and Network section seems to be regularly updated ,I always think it's a good sign.

Moreover, Myriadnetwork.com provides not only VDS hosting but Reselling and Backup SMTP Mail Relay as well.

Make no mistake, there is no difference in their nature between a vps and a vds, vds is the name that vps resellers give to overpriced and oversized plans, bear in mind that there are still multiple instances running on one set of hardware and the level of service cannot be in any way different from a vps, except that you will expect more from it of course, because it seems to have a different name .......

Thats what it is ? I must say I was under the impression that a VDS was effectively a large shared account, however there are (supposedly) far fewer accounts on the one server, therefore allowing the client more resource usage. please correct me if im wrong :) Joes probably got it right actually, sounds just like another hosting industry pointless marketing tactic

Yes they are the same VDS is a better name Since a VPS is a type of Dedicated server well it acts like one.

What does it mean Backup SMTP Mail Relay from Myriadnetwork.com?
That's what I have found on the web site of Myriadnetwork.com:
If your mail server or network goes down, Myriad Network backup SMTP can receive and store your incoming e-mail for up to 30 days. E-mail and ecommerce orders will keep coming, giving your IT staff time to repair the problem. Our standard service reattempts delivery every 15 minutes until your mail server is back online.

Thats what it is ? I must say I was under the impression that a VDS was effectively a large shared account
I'd say a larger shared account is semi-dedicated hosting plan, while VDS=VPS, I'm just wondering why do myriadnetwork.com need that "VDS" thing, if they could simply put it VPS.

Hello guys!
Thank you for your help. I have been using Myriadnetwork.com's VDS for my scripts for few days. Everything ok now. Good service, kind staff. Thanks again.
Mods please close this topic.
Thanks again.

Back