• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

vBulletin

A call home script informs the original server about the location where the script is running so that warez versions can be detected. vB also has this feature.

Originally posted by LastActionHero
A call home script informs the original server about the location where the script is running so that warez versions can be detected. vB also has this feature.
But doesn't this intrude on the privacy on the website owners?

Originally posted by The Red Guy
But doesn't this intrude on the privacy on the website owners?

It won't if they only report where they are running the script and not any other info like members, stats etc.

Originally posted by Frizconoskiato
lol, one thing i hate about IVB, the CP, its a rip of phpbb2, and the template system is really annoying.. :(
It's not a rip of phpbb2's acp! No similarities...at all!

Originally posted by Hatchet Ryda
I like it compared to the Ikonboard cp.
It is better. However you should take note that IBF has a disadvantage in its acp, and that is you have to keep expanding to view options. However, it is still one of the best boards around.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
It is better. However you should take note that IBF has a disadvantage in its acp, and that is you have to keep expanding to view options. However, it is still one of the best boards around.

Yeah, I know what you are talking about.. that's the only think I don't like about it. Still it is a great forum.

Back