• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

vBulletin

Pimpin Monkey

I wasn't sure where to throw this topic so I just tossed it here, hopefully it fits. I've been using Ikonboard one of my websites for almost a year now. I'm going to be opening a new site that has the posibilities of being a higher profile site then sites I've made in the past. To cut it short I just wanted see if you guy would recommend paying for a forum like vBulletin as oposed to using free ones like IB (i know they are no more) or YaBB?

Thanks..

Invision Board is a PHP/MySQL solution. It will be similar to VB, however it is believed that it will be faster then VB and also good feature list.

I am waiting for it to be released. I was a user of Ikonboard 3.

im an owner of VB, yes the price is high, but your not only paying for the board, your paying for the support and the hacks, the hacks are great and the community support is even greater...

if you plan on having a pretty big forum i would suggest vb

Originally posted by is0lized
im an owner of VB, yes the price is high, but your not only paying for the board, your paying for the support and the hacks, the hacks are great and the community support is even greater...

if you plan on having a pretty big forum i would suggest vb
vB is really just eating money. The best bet is ibforums, and they have paid support too, otherwise their normal support community should be as good. They have skins, hacks and images all available.

so does VB, plus more... but im not here to convince anyone, so if you are intrested in it get it, if noy do something else...

Originally posted by is0lized
so does VB, plus more... but im not here to convince anyone, so if you are intrested in it get it, if noy do something else...
I'm curious, is there really a backdoor for the vb owners to get back at warez?

Yup vB has a call home function in the script.

Take a look at wBB also. Good script, lots of features.

But if you can pay I would recomend vB over any other script. Expensive? Yes! but the best there is out there.

i agree.. if you have a beginning community i would suggest invisionboard or wbb.. dont go warez young ones..

and if you have a huge community and earning some money i would suggest buying a vbb license.. it ownz over all professional board scripts

i have no ads on my site and i bought vb...

heres from VB license agrement

From time to time, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited may inspect your registration integrity. This will be done without collecting any information whatsoever about yourself, your server or your users. The only information verified will be your license number and the domain on which the software is run. Should we discover discrepancies in the software usage, be aware that you may lose your license and may face legal actions for Software Piracy.

Originally posted by Ivo
buying a vbb license.

its vb, not vbb

vBulletin

Back