• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

vBulletin on F2S

Which software forum's is better?

• Ultimate Bulletin Board

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • vBulletin

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

velocity3k

i am running a forum for hardware problem solving and well CGI scripts are slow and don't have all the feature like PHP scripts so i uploaded vBulletin but i am have trouble geting it to install properly i can get to the third step then i have problems.
here is what comes up on the second step:
Please confirm the details below:

'Database server type: mysql

Database server hostname / IP address: /web/sites/174/*********/www.velocitysoft.f2s.com

Database username: *********

Database password: *********

Database name: THe [UnkNoWns] Forum

Technical email: velocity3k@yahoo.co.uk

Only continue to the next step if those details are correct. If they are not, please edit your config.php file and reupload it. The next step will test database connectivity.

Next step -->'.

Then on the next step i get this error

'Attempting to attach to database...

Warning: Unknown MySQL Server Host '/web/sites/174/*********/www.velocitysoft.f2s.com ' (2) in /web/sites/174/*********/www.velocitysoft.f2s.com/phpBB/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Unknown MySQL Server Host '/web/sites/174/*********/www.velocitysoft.f2s.com ' (2) in /web/sites/174/*********/www.velocitysoft.f2s.com/phpBB/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /web/sites/174/*********/www.velocitysoft.f2s.com/phpBB/admin/db_mysql.php on line 47

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please go back to the last step and ensure that you have entered all your login details correctly.

Click to go to the vBulletin website'.

And i really cannot figure out why this is i know i am running it off a free service provider and they do support PHP Scripts so i really don't know what is going on.

And i ask you for help because i know that this forum is being run on vBulletin and well i know a couple of people who got it to work on F2S so i ask you you please help me!.

P.S: The '*' are to represent username and password!.

Either post a reply or mail me at:

velocity3k@yahoo.co.uk

Hope you can help!.

Have you setup a database yet? cause this is wrong :

Database server hostname / IP address: /web/sites/174/*********/www.velocitysoft.f2s.com

should be something like db.velocitysoft.f2s.com

How do you set up a database!

I was wondering how you set up a database on f2s. could anyone please help me i am new to this stuff.

UBB was so much easier installing!.

go to the members page and then log in and then go to toolbox and then setup database. It should be something like that. then it will give you all the detals and stuff there.

Still getting error!

I did everything you said and i get this error this time around:

Attempting to attach to database...

Connect failed: unexpected error from the database.

Error number: 1044

Error description: Access denied for user: '*********@server0045.freedom2surf.net' to database 'THe [UnkNoWns] Forum'

Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.

Click to go to the vBulletin website

What do i do please help i really want to set this forum up!.

Make sure you have the right username and password that is made for you for the database. Also you have the right database name also.

Thanks for all the help i got it working!.

But f2s is really slow could you tell me if their is another free service proviser with php cgi scripting support with mySQL. I would really appreciate this!

Back