• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Urgent - my screen flipped 90 degrees sideways

Status
Not open for further replies.

XFH-Jay

I turned off my computer because I had to do something and when I got back, i turned it on, and my entire screen flipped to the right. Now I have to turn my head 90 degeress sideways to do anything on the screen. How can I change it back to normal?

This iis really hurting my neck...

Thanks

What kind of video card? Assuming nVidia:

ATi should have a similar option somewhere.

It's a integrated Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset. My model is a Thinkpad R52.

And turning the laptop on the side certainly doesn't help.

Well, play around in the advanced settings. There has to be an option somewhere.

My friend once encountered this problem and he fixed it with a combination key, which certaily doesnt work on my system.

Anyway you can try messing around with combination keys.

all u have to do is hold down the ctrl key and press any direction key on the keyboard and it should switch the screen around...but this only works on a few computers for a strange reason.

Thanks, but I found the error. It is a display driver that was switched around when I played a game.

Thanks!

albert_chu said:
all u have to do is hold down the ctrl key and press any direction key on the keyboard and it should switch the screen around...but this only works on a few computers for a strange reason.
Because it's specific to Intel integrated graphics I believe.

That's where you're wrong. Ever tried to set up an AMD dual core dual opteron 64 bit server? It's hell.

Tree said:
That's where you're wrong. Ever tried to set up an AMD dual core dual opteron 64 bit server? It's hell.
yep. i dint really have any problems with it. but maybe that is just me. i was saying AMD is better just in the fact that they are a better chip. didnt mean they are easier to intall or setup.

Intel is more durable and performs better in certain benchmarks. Intel is best suited for things in which there are a lot of different things that happen in quick succession, for example a mail server.

At work, Intels handle all the mail and VoIP servers while AMDs handle the web servers.

maybe it is just luck then, but i have had way better luck with my AMD over the 4 different pentiums i have had. but hey, to each their own i guess. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back