1. Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 125.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Add your web host to our brand new web hosting directory (beta).
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent - my screen flipped 90 degrees sideways

Discussion in 'Computers' started by XFH-Jay, May 27, 2006.

Not open for further replies.
  1. XFH-Jay

XFH-Jay New Member

I turned off my computer because I had to do something and when I got back, i turned it on, and my entire screen flipped to the right. Now I have to turn my head 90 degeress sideways to do anything on the screen. How can I change it back to normal?

This iis really hurting my neck...

Thanks

2. Robert

Robert NLC NLC

Turn the monitor on it's side :angel:

3. Bruce

Bruce Well-Known Member NLC

What kind of video card? Assuming nVidia:

[​IMG]

ATi should have a similar option somewhere.

4. XFH-Jay

XFH-Jay New Member

It's a integrated Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset. My model is a Thinkpad R52.

And turning the laptop on the side certainly doesn't help.

5. Bruce

Bruce Well-Known Member NLC

Well, play around in the advanced settings. There has to be an option somewhere.

6. Kwek

Kwek Devious Deviant NLC

My friend once encountered this problem and he fixed it with a combination key, which certaily doesnt work on my system.

Anyway you can try messing around with combination keys.

7. Tree

Tree Hrm? NLC

Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Key works on some systems.

8. Dan

Dan Bullah NLC

hahaha! You took the words out of my mouth. :D

9. themoose

themoose Sup, Recoil here. NLC

If you find it out tell me, I want to flip my screen round :O

10. Keagle

Keagle NLC NLC

lmao :p My moniter can swivel round and round. I had it at 180 and noone noticed :S

11. albert_chu

albert_chu New Member

all u have to do is hold down the ctrl key and press any direction key on the keyboard and it should switch the screen around...but this only works on a few computers for a strange reason.

12. XFH-Jay

XFH-Jay New Member

Thanks, but I found the error. It is a display driver that was switched around when I played a game.

Thanks!

13. Tree

Tree Hrm? NLC

Because it's specific to Intel integrated graphics I believe.

14. Keagle

Keagle NLC NLC

Ah! Cheers for clearing that up Tree! :)

15. iBrightDev

iBrightDev Jay Street NLC NLC

INTEL SUCKS!!!!!!! AMD all the way. :D

16. Tree

Tree Hrm? NLC

That's where you're wrong. Ever tried to set up an AMD dual core dual opteron 64 bit server? It's hell.

17. iBrightDev

yep. i dint really have any problems with it. but maybe that is just me. i was saying AMD is better just in the fact that they are a better chip. didnt mean they are easier to intall or setup.

18. Tree

Tree Hrm? NLC

Intel is more durable and performs better in certain benchmarks. Intel is best suited for things in which there are a lot of different things that happen in quick succession, for example a mail server.

At work, Intels handle all the mail and VoIP servers while AMDs handle the web servers.

19. iBrightDev

maybe it is just luck then, but i have had way better luck with my AMD over the 4 different pentiums i have had. but hey, to each their own i guess. :D

20. Tree

Tree Hrm? NLC

Yep, guess so.

Not open for further replies.