• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Upgrading vBulletin to version 3.0.1

CareBear said:
All I need is a reply button, everything else is overkill IMO :rolleyes:

Each reply is 1.5 times bigger then it could be; and the one thing I ever did actually use ("search posts by this member") is no longer there.

Click on the username and a menu should popup with an option to "Find more posts by <user>"

Unless you're using firefox. Then you just go to the profile. btw, you could see what threads people were viewing in vB2.

notnamed said:
Unless you're using firefox. Then you just go to the profile. btw, you could see what threads people were viewing in vB2.

I just tried in Firefox 0.8 on MacOS X. The popup menu worked well.

It pops up for me too, but redirects to the user's profile. If I'm quick enough I can usually convince it to do what I want, but on other, faster boards I can't use it. In fact, none of the pop-down menus FULLY work on any vB3 board.

Just a quick note that Birthdays are now listed only if the member has been active during the last 50 days. So the list of Todays Birthdays should be shorter and easier to read.

notnamed said:
It pops up for me too, but redirects to the user's profile. If I'm quick enough I can usually convince it to do what I want, but on other, faster boards I can't use it. In fact, none of the pop-down menus FULLY work on any vB3 board.
Maybe you should redownload it or something because it works perfectly for me and there haven't been any complaints at vb.com AFAIK.

I'm just wondering two things, is there any way to get rid of the giant purple bar between posts , and also can we get a reply button next to the quote button? I don't remember having to scroll so far down to reply, or maybe a reply button that takes you in the window down to the quick reply.

Don't know if that made sense.....

Hobo said:
also can we get a reply button next to the quote button? I don't remember having to scroll so far down to reply, or maybe a reply button that takes you in the window down to the quick reply.

have a look to the right of the quote button. click that button. ;)

Peo said:
have a look to the right of the quote button. click that button. ;)

Ahh, thank you. I must be blind or something to have missed it.

Also does hybrid mode make IE lock up for anyone else on longer threads?

Last edited:
notnamed said:
Works fine with Firebird 0.7.

The Last 10 threads on the homepage is broken, needs an update.
Code:
Fatal error: Failed opening required 'forums/admin/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/freewebspace/www/last10.php on line 13

yes, I noticed that error, but I haven't found a solution yet. I'll remove it for now and add it when it's ready.

Chroder said:
Maybe you should redownload it or something because it works perfectly for me and there haven't been any complaints at vb.com AFAIK.
I alt-F5'd if that's what you mean, that didn't fix it. It's probably some weird extension I have installed... I might start a new profile to test with when 0.9 is released :classic2:

Back