• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Upgrading to Vista

The Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor works with 32-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista, except Windows Vista Enterprise edition. It will not work with other editions of Windows.The Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor does not collect or send any personal, identifiable data to Microsoft Corporation or third parties. :classic2:

If you want to play some games that are out for Vista, I HIGHLY recommend 3GB+ of RAM.
Otherwise, you'll start to notice some lag spikes. You'll also be needing at least a Dual-Core processor, recommending at least 1.8-2.0GHz. And an AMD at that ;)
For disk space, your fine. But, I'd recommend you having at least a 256MB Graphic Card.

I installed Vista the other day. Sorry to bring this thread back up, but Vista has been running fine throughout. Had a couple of blue screens, but that was due to faulty memory.

I've heard you can downgrade from Vista, you just have to reinstall the OS/ Anyways, don't do it if you can. XP gets better and better. Has anyone heard that SP3 will contain some features of Vista? :) If you are upgrading, go with Home Premium or Ultimate.

Last edited:
i am pissed that i cant get my vista back on my machine. i am having some sort of hardware failure, but, not sure what. already got new hard drive and my video card is only a few months old, so, i had to go back to xp this weekend. :( i loved my vista

I also loved my copy of Vista but my RAM on my machine killed it off and I had to downgrade and it's now on dual boot. I just pimped XP up instead. I do miss some of the neat features Vista had though. Like the search bar.

I like vista. I'm using Home Premium. I am having no problems with it :)

Specs:
AMD 64 Single Core 4000+
2 GB RAM(Just upgraded from one this week)

Vista Ultimate with my Athlon 64 4200+ and 2GB RAM runs great. I had a few problems playing Battlefield 2 at first, but a quick update of the graphics drivers and now it runs as fast as it does on XP. I don't really notice the difference although while installing BF2, I had a message appear saying it might not be compatibly or something like that.

Wow, this topic is mad! Why is everyone blatently bashing Vista?! I have Ultimate running on 4gb ram on a 250gb hard drive (with another 500gb hard drive as an idle drive). Vista works a dream, certainly no problems for me, and happy to use it entirely!

Joe, if you haven't already, upgrade, you'll make a big mistake keeping XP, I hate the OS, sooo out of date, Vista FTW!

I got it running on:

Intel® Core™ 2 Quad-Core Extreme Processor QX6800 (3.46GHz,1066MHz,8MB cache)
4096mb (4gb) Dual Channel DDR2 800MHz
Seagate NL35 Series HDD 400GB SATA II (drive 1)
Samsung 500GB S300 16MB 7200RPM (drive 2)
XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB DDR3 PCIE Dual DVI TV 600/1.8 (graphics)
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro (sound)

:)

lol I have Vista Home Premium on an Insperon B1320, which is like Intel Core Processor of some extent of only 1.9GHz, 2GB ram, 60gb disk space. Runs smoothly, but cannot do much when I do an intensive scan of my computer (which is to be expected. Did that to me with XP)

^I've noticed that. I just not long ago scanned my PC with Windows Defender and it blooming lagged, and like, on 4gb ram I wouldn't expect it, but then it did have to search 2 hard drives totting up 900gb :lol: (even though I only use 20gb on one drive for programs etc and 5gb on the other for music/photos)

Adz.; said:
^I've noticed that. I just not long ago scanned my PC with Windows Defender and it blooming lagged, and like, on 4gb ram I wouldn't expect it, but then it did have to search 2 hard drives totting up 900gb :lol: (even though I only use 20gb on one drive for programs etc and 5gb on the other for music/photos)

As I did the scan I noticed it was the CPU going out the roof not the Ram, so ram isn't your issue.

Back