• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net

Twitter Icon

AMC

serial slacker
NLC
Hey Admins,

Is there any chance we could have a feature where people could put their twitter (or general social networking) links into their usercp details and have them show up as icons in the postpit ? Exactly like the way it works with IM networks really. As social networking is getting so big, I think this would be a pretty good thing to do ? (and Im sure there's a plugin on vB.org somewhere)

Anyway, just a thought ;)

Keep up the great job :beer:

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You can now add your Twitter screen name here: User CP, Edit your details at the bottom. Your twitter feed should then be added to your profile page.

I'll see if I can add an icon to the postbit aswell. Updated: It's been fixed now.

Tracker

PROFILE NOT FOUND
Staff member
NLC
Err its in the wrong place and directs to the the FWS profile rather than the twitter page ;)

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I'll move the icon shortly. The link goes to the profile page since the most recent twitter messages should be displayed there. Looks like that isn't working though.

AMC

serial slacker
NLC
Thanks for having a look into this Peo, can't see my tweets on the profile page, but I'm sure thats coming :) cheers.

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It's linked directly to the twitter page now as the other vB plugin was for an older version of vB.

AMC

serial slacker
NLC
You should actually Peo - it could be a good way of bringing new people to the community ;)

Also, thanks once again

Last edited:

AdamJ

When's 1999?
NLC
Peo, with the twitter icon, would it be worth editingit, taking the s out of the https:// as it makes Twitter load slow, also, maybe include a target="_blank" in the link?

iBrightDev

Jay Street
NLC
NLC
that was a great idea Hugo. thanks Peo. what do you think about facebook and myspace links too, linked in, etc.?