• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Twitter Icon

AMC

serial slacker
NLC
Hey Admins,

Is there any chance we could have a feature where people could put their twitter (or general social networking) links into their usercp details and have them show up as icons in the postpit ? Exactly like the way it works with IM networks really. As social networking is getting so big, I think this would be a pretty good thing to do ? (and Im sure there's a plugin on vB.org somewhere)

Anyway, just a thought ;)

Keep up the great job :beer:

You can now add your Twitter screen name here: User CP, Edit your details at the bottom. Your twitter feed should then be added to your profile page.

I'll see if I can add an icon to the postbit aswell. Updated: It's been fixed now.

Err its in the wrong place and directs to the the FWS profile rather than the twitter page ;)

I'll move the icon shortly. The link goes to the profile page since the most recent twitter messages should be displayed there. Looks like that isn't working though.

Thanks for having a look into this Peo, can't see my tweets on the profile page, but I'm sure thats coming :) cheers.

It's linked directly to the twitter page now as the other vB plugin was for an older version of vB.

You should actually Peo - it could be a good way of bringing new people to the community ;)

Also, thanks once again

Last edited:
Peo, with the twitter icon, would it be worth editingit, taking the s out of the https:// as it makes Twitter load slow, also, maybe include a target="_blank" in the link?

that was a great idea Hugo. thanks Peo. what do you think about facebook and myspace links too, linked in, etc.?

Back