• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

To Webhost Owners (How much profit you make?)

Funion

I found webhosting interesting, any one can give us profit there making from there business as webhosters? success or failures, :)

it is not interesting when you are not in love with it.
You can not sleep well if your server stop working midnight hehe
Sometimes it is really a nightmare,i think most webhoster here have this experience.
But you can make money if you know well about server,network,advertising,... blah blah

Yellowmc said:
I don't know about anyone else but I am making millions, millions of people happy! :)

Thats the main thing (Without financially failing yourself)..

That kind of information is private business. But let's just say, I am happy so far. :)

If your willing to spend a over $500 on your company for software and servers, the profit you make will be 100% to 200% higher than your outgoings.

if you just have a reseller or wont even spend $100 on your company, your going to make 50% to 70% back.

The more you put in, the more you get back. If your going to start a company, expect it to lose money for the first 2 to 4 months, and after that you may gain some. After a year, your be getting loads back.

royals said:
i feel the main factor is uptime and support

And the main factor in that is the ammount of money you put in. if you pay for your server to be managed and monitored 24/7 then your uptime will be much better than without. If you spend more money on lots of tech and support workers, your support times are better.

Funion said:
I found webhosting interesting, any one can give us profit there making from there business as webhosters? success or failures, :)
Some hosting companies loose $50/Month some make $10,000/Month. It all depends, just like any business.

A host's affiliate program can sometimes give you a rough gauge, as the host will on average at least recoup the amount spent per sale.

I have enough money to buy a guitar or a small home gym system... next thing you know ill be buying google. Well, maybe a couple of shares.... well actually nothing, but one can dream.

hosting-shack said:
If your willing to spend a over $500 on your company for software and servers, the profit you make will be 100% to 200% higher than your outgoings.

if you just have a reseller or wont even spend $100 on your company, your going to make 50% to 70% back.

The more you put in, the more you get back. If your going to start a company, expect it to lose money for the first 2 to 4 months, and after that you may gain some. After a year, your be getting loads back.

dude thats the best advice i have ever got! lol lets hope its right cause im gunna poor some $$$ into my hosting

Marki said:
dude thats the best advice i have ever got! lol lets hope its right cause im gunna poor some $$$ into my hosting
Dont take it for granted though. If you spend $500 on awesome servers but forget hiring support staff, people to manage and secure your server, having a functional and automated website etc. etc. then you can expect to lose 100%-200% a month.

You only get out what you put in.

Back