• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.tk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using TK now www.interlive.tk
for me, i choose it because
1. FREE(the most important)
2. Look like a .com/net domain, and .tk is a very special domain while everyone just told you going to xxx.com but you're xxx.tk~cool~. :cool:
3. look more professional than come.to, i.am, welcome.to ....etc
most junior web designer may only knew those. not everyone know .tk is a free domain.;)

although .tk's redirect may not so stable everytime:cool:

The amazing thing is they let the users choose showing the banner or not:biggrin2: this service may be too good for free....

Last edited:
Originally posted by sonic

most junior web designer may only knew those. not everyone know .tk is a free domain.;)

You seriously think many webmasters on the 'net don't know that .tk is free? Maybe it's because the simple redirection services are faster and more reliable.

Re: Re: Re: clarification

Originally posted by conkermaniac
But .com actually makes you look professional. When I see a DOT.tk domain, I immediately assume it's some cheap teenager who is too lazy to ask their parents to lend them a credit card. Plus, TK domains don't work in some countries.

To me, a .com suggests a person was actually willing to shell out a measly $15 a year for a *their own* domain (NOT a redirect). Don't do business with anyone that isn't willing to put forth a dollar amount for their efforts. There's a big difference in LOOKING professional and BEING professional. I won't buy something from someone that doesn't have their own domain. If that domain redirects to a Geocities page, to me that's deceiving. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. =)

Also.. "You seriously think many webmasters on the 'net don't know that .tk is free?" Alot of them don't. Alot of them don't care! Professional webmasters who break out the credit card for a measly $15/year for their own .com never bothered to look any further. But! If they didn't know it was free, theyll know for sure the first time they visit a .tk and see the popup saying it's free. ;)

Anything other than .com, .net or .org to me, says the person is either in another country than me, and I avoid doing business internationally, unless I'm selling the product, or it says they're too cheap and not willing to make a small investment in their online presence. I deal mostly with business2business interactions, and these are the things I avoid. =)

Re: Re: Re: clarification

Originally posted by conkermaniac
When I see a DOT.tk domain, I immediately assume it's some cheap teenager who is too lazy to ask their parents to lend them a credit card.
Well, some parents might not want to fork out for a domain! Have you considered that?

Re: Re: Re: Re: clarification

Originally posted by sophie
Well, some parents might not want to fork out for a domain! Have you considered that?

Was that the only part of my post you read? I don't do business with kids anyways. Children tend to be quite unprofessional in the business world. :p

Yes for businesses .com looks more professional, but I know of many reliable businesses that have their sites hosted with a subdomain that looks mush worse to me than .tk

I have been using .tk for a few months now and have been very happy with it, one of the main reasons that I use .tk is I like the way it sounds when I tell me people the address for my site, nice, short, snappy and easy to remember... The small pop-up, well I have no problem having that come up when you enter my site, I don't mind advertising a service as long as I am happy with it and I am happy with .tk

Also some people find it difficult to pay for a domain, I'm a student/actor so I have no money at all to pay for a domain, let alone paying at least double the price that is quoted by the time I take the exchange rates into account... I can't afford to pay for webhosting, so why should I fork out a heap of money for a domain, I'd rather use something like .tk and pay to have my site hosted than to pay for a domain and use a free host, which I know many other people do

Originally posted by nemain
Also some people find it difficult to pay for a domain, I'm a student/actor so I have no money at all to pay for a domain, let alone paying at least double the price that is quoted by the time I take the exchange rates into account... I can't afford to pay for webhosting, so why should I fork out a heap of money for a domain, I'd rather use something like .tk and pay to have my site hosted than to pay for a domain and use a free host, which I know many other people do

Actually, domains are a lot cheaper than (reliable) paid hosting.

Re: Re: .tk

Originally posted by Cracker
Actually, domains are a lot cheaper than (reliable) paid hosting.

I know that but of the two if I were to spend the money I'd rather get reliable hosting and use .tk, than use free hosting and then paid for a domain, ideally I'd be able to pay for both

.tk seems to be the best bravenet do sum but dey pretty crappy like
clix.to/yourname
kickme.to/yourname
etc

also i registered domian with them and next day they were down for most of he day so im not sure if thats regular or was just a one off

bravenet is not reliable for most of thei services. It might be because they have a lot of people that use their services and the servers are not equipped to handle the traffic they get.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back