• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.tk

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u wan to look more professional, better get a domain with .com/.net/.org with cheap pricing at godaddy.com

clarification

Originally posted by harrypower
why dont you want to use tk? if it has everything you want, whats the problem?

:confused:

I have nothing against .tk, but .tk is being "overly used". I was just wondering if there was any other service like this. I have and will continue to use .tk

I apologize for not specifying for I am a .tk patriot.:)

Re: clarification

Originally posted by marcuscable
I have nothing against .tk, but .tk is being "overly used". I was just wondering if there was any other service like this. I have and will continue to use .tk

I apologize for not specifying for I am a .tk patriot.:)

:confused: .com over used too ?

you've got a point!

yes, you do have a point! ...I was just curious to see what other redirection services like this one there are.

I did not mean to offend anyone by this message.

I love .tk, but like I said, I was just curious about what else there was.

As a webmaster, it is my duty to ask and look around for other services. :D

I cant get .tk to redirect my lycos and web1000 sites.. :(

They gave me a site doesnt exist or is already redirected error.

ok...

Originally posted by tslu
I cant get .tk to redirect my lycos and web1000 sites.. :(

They gave me a site doesnt exist or is already redirected error.

Have you contacted Dot.tk??? They would be more help, I think!:D

Originally posted by radman
http://www.acidmist.com/

free domains but they got ads.....

free .com or .net ...etc :chinese2:

Please give your opinions guys, which one you prefer... a free .com .net domain with ads or a free .tk .net.tf without ads... I just wondering... should I use .com or .net in expense of a banner on my site?

i would definately go with the no ads options - i use tk and they have a small pop up but it only promotes tk domains and is quite unobtrusive.

if it was for a business site i would pay the 8.95 @ godaddy for a .com.

i would definately go with the no ads options - i use tk and they have a small pop up but it only promotes tk domains and is quite unobtrusive.
Sorta it comes with that popup when you sign up but you can get rid of that add by logging into your .tk account and click on the My marketing link on the left side menu. It has an option to remove it. I dont Think you can win one of their "Prizes" Though if you remove it :D

Try http://www.net.tf. You get yourname.net.tf and it's ad free. I also found you can have a free favicon (its a little icon next to the page address) by choosing one of theirs or your own. Go here (my site) and add to favourites, and look in your favourites and I have a favicon. Cool :)
Anyway, just look there if you think you might be interested. Happy to help!
Sophie

Re: Re: clarification

Originally posted by Lovellz
:confused: .com over used too ?

But .com actually makes you look professional. When I see a DOT.tk domain, I immediately assume it's some cheap teenager who is too lazy to ask their parents to lend them a credit card. Plus, TK domains don't work in some countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back