• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tierra Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaySumTin

http://www.tierranova.com

I signed up for Tierra Nova because of the features and great price!

Now~ My site has had no hosting for 9 days!

I write them emails everyday with No Reply! :angry2:

OFFICIAL WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT USE Tierra Nova!!! The Support & Service is ---!!

But those features... (drool)

Unlimited Bandwidth is awesome, and I can deal with the only 100MB of space no problem. With all that at only $30 a year, it is a real bargain.

Please keep us informed if their service improves over the next couple days. As I am willing to deal with that kind of "setup" problem with those type of figures.

Originally posted by Archbob
Yes, especially cause most unlimited hosts are scams.

Yeah so I hear... I am hoping that there is the off chance that this one might be otherwise though... but just has horrible service.

Anyway keep us informed
SaySumTin

Tierra Sucks Update

My site has been down for more than 2 weeks!!!:angry2:

I have written these fools about 1000 emails simlpy requesting service!

I am so Pissed! Im gonna have to sign up with a new server! pay more money & ###^!!!! AHHHHH!

NEVER GO TO TIERRA NOVA THEY ARE A SCAM!
WORN YOUR FRIENDS!
THEY RIPPED ME OFF AND THEY WILL DO IT TO YOU!

Does anyone know how I can report these f###ers to the BBB and maybe get my money back???

Plus I need to find a yearly hosting company! around 30$$$???

AHHH!
SaySumTin

---------------------------------------
LATEST TIERRA PLEA
---------------------------------------
Hello,

I have come back from my business trip to discover that SAYSUMTIN.COM which you are supposed to be hosting (I am paying You for this INACTIVE Time) is still down!

As prommised ... You were not able to get saysumtin up and working... there for I have begun slandering your name... And in the processe of reporting you to the BBB.
http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40912

& to think If you had only written me an email saying what was wrong with your servers or Given me an Idea of when It was goin to be fixed... this Nasty Problem could have been avoided.

Instead you ignored all my emails and pretended like I didnt exist while I lost all my customer base. This is unacceptable business practice, If you cant handle your customers dont make claims that you can.

Searching for new Host and Redemption,
Derek

Last edited:
Re: Tierra Sucks Update

Originally posted by SaySumTin
Plus I need to find a yearly hosting company! around 30$$$???
It's probably best to start a new thread stating how much you're willing to spend and what you expect in terms of diskspace/monthly transfer, if you need one domain hosted of multiple and which scripting languages (if any) that you need.

Those plans do look nice, but, a little unreasonable, It is a good marketing ploy to use large numbers to interest the customers, like 999 POP email boxes, i Dont know who needs 999 Email boxes for a plan thats probably for a personal/small business website.

They MAY come back and answer your requests, but it usually isnt good business ethics to ignore your customer for 9 days, The customer gets angry and frustrated, and posts reviews like these, damaging your Reputation.

If you signed up just for their "Unlimited Bandwidth" offering. I would recommend you change hosts, I dont personally know your site requirements, but most personal sites wont go over 2-3GB a month.

I am the founder/ceo of Tierra Nova Networks Ltd. (tierranova.com)

Please note, this client (saysumtin.com) had a perl/cgi-script that was sending out 2,000+ emails a day.

In 3 days, his website used 40GB bandwidth, we do allow unlimited bandwidth YES, BUT when 99% of the bandwidth was being used for emails, we do not allow that according to our terms....

We attempted to reply to his emails more than 5 times.

His contact email on our server is: inbox@saysumtin.com and we suspended his account, so none of his mail was delivered, we got error EVERY time.

He emailed us with a hotmail account, the hotmail account also bounced.

We have a very strict rules when it comes to spamming, and we terminated his account, and he is now blacklisted to over 50+ web hosting companies that are affiliates with us.

So what we say???

- Shastri Misrilall

Sadly, i admit you should have read the terms before signing up.

OK, you feel conned of service, but, if you read the Terms page, they do explain this:

You may run any CGI or non-CGI scripts you desire. However, we reserve the right to disable any script that dramatically affects server performance.

Of course, it only mentions they would disable the script, not suspend your whole account, but its really now up to you and your host to sort it out

I really wish you good luck

Kevin

We get a lot of clients who break our terms all the time, we simply give them a date to remove the content etc.

Only on extemely high cases like this, we terminate their account.

Also, we have had several problems (warnings) about saysumtin.com also, so when time to decide what to do, it was simple.

You were pretty reasonable, you tried to contact the customer on 5 occasions, without reply, you had no option but to make a decision, i DO make a suggestion to yourselves that you do not advertise "Unlimited bandwidth", It is a lie to customers (Be Honest) and customers are always being warned when they come onto these types of forums, not to go with companies that offer Unlimited Bandwidth, You could of course offer a large 50GB of bandwidth account or something.

This also may increase your signups ;)

A lot of people say unlimited bandwidth is a lie, but a lot of people is looking for unlimited bandwidth although they won't use a lot.

When we setup an account, we give each client 5GB bandwidth a month. If they are close to 5GB (2 - 4 clients each month) we inspect their site, and incrase it to 10GB.

We have 10 servers currently, and 250 sites per server, the bandwidth is around 40GB a month altogther.

Our terms is very clear, and if you follow of our terms, I WILL guarantee you will get unlimited bandwidth.

98% of our clients sites use 100MB bandwidth or less.

So, it's not a scam providing unlimited bandwidth because our servers, and data center can handle another 20GB bandwidth if someone wants to use 20GB...which is very unlikely.

This is what im trying emphasise to you, You are NOT providing unlimited bandwidth, you are taking advantage of customers that underuse their accounts, but when a customer takes up 20GB or more, for a good reason (High bandwidth forum/site) you cancel their account straight away because its against your terms of service.

OK i agree, if customers read your Terms of Service, they will notice this flaw in your service, but wouldnt it be easier to set a REASONABLE amount of Bandwidth GB's per account and mention that its flexible to some extent?

The FACTS

First of all...

I run saysumtin.com, A simple website, Previously recieving around 50 visitors a day. http://v1.nedstatbasic.net/s?id=1895056

I have never used Tierra Nova's email WHATSOEVER except to forward to my hotmail account (I had replyto: inbox@saysumtin.com)

the only reason they may have not been able to contact me is because their own Host was Not Hosting my account!:rolleyes:

I have a feedback CGI and user signup CGI, That send email to my account, 1-5 emails per week.

As far as that blacklist crap... It is all lies... I would never SPAM or do any such practices to get myself or SaySumTin.Com blacklisted anywhere.

Trying to protect your image?

Step 1) Get SaySumTin.Com back Online
- I have no file access server NOTHING!

Thanks
All I want Is quality hosting at reasonable rates, Which before this crap, I was happily recieving.
---------------------------
I will be emailing them again under a new solid email address and keep you updated.

Last edited:
NO SPAMMING - any site operators who use/store any kind of spamming sofware, or whose spamming activities affect Tierra Nova servers negatively in any way, will have their accounts terminated without warning. They may also be fined $50.
-----
You website will not be activated under any circumstances.

I am telling you this, just as I would tell you in an email...

I probably shouldn't get involved but...

First of all, why not take this into the privacy of email for both of your sakes. Also, it's possible for spammers to take advtanage of formail scripts, perhaps this was the case here?

Originally posted by DarkServ
when a customer takes up 20GB or more, for a good reason (High bandwidth forum/site) you cancel their account straight away because its against your terms of service.
Their terms prohibit forums or anything that would allow members to interact with each other, or sites that would allow uploads, or even any kind of downloadable file so pretty much everything is disallowed except images and html. Of course nobody is going to use more then 2Gb/month then and otherwise they get a 2.5Gb/month limit which is hardly unlimited.

I'm not saying offering that kind of hosting isn't right but people who choose it should realize that the host is going to find a reason to kick them out once they start using too much of anything.

To SaySumTin: I'm sorry but there's no way you can expect to receive high quality and reliable hosting at $30/year unless your needs are few or the host operates on the principle that they can sell packages which people wouldn't use fully.
Don't ever go with an unlimited host because as you've just found out unlimited is actually limited but instead of knowing what your limits are you are left in the dark about just what your host will tolerate and what will get your account cancelled.
As far as the spamming goes I'd suggest you ask them to send you the relevant bits of their mail server logs or http access logs to proove if you did indeed (perhaps inadvertantly) spam.
And lastly, just find a new host and consider this an experience you've gained to get clear well defined limits in the future. You're only out $30 at most, it could have been much worse.

Last edited:
UnJust Termination

I have updated my last post, So you can actually view the traffic that I was recieving,

Tierra Nova's Claims are out of thin air!

I DEMAND SERVICE NOT LIES!

To Carebear: Thanks for the tips! Im a college student and dont have much money... If tierra Nova does not reactivate my account, I have learned a valuable leson, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Last edited:
A message board isn't the place to resolve this, it's just going to spin out of control and then the thread will be closed by a mod. You know why they haven't contacted you and why your account was closed so you can start communicating with them again.
If I was you I'd just ask for ftp access to your files and find a new host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back