• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Thread Closed] Criticizing a hero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Giancarlo

Oh don't ever... I mean EVER CALL ME SOUTH AMERICAN. OR AMERICAN. Because I am not. I just got an American Passport along with the Spanish EU passport...

Oh and it is you russian who dreams too much... you disgrace.

Geez GC. While the tone of the post of hers may be offensive, you take offense at the little things like calling you a south american or american(which I am sure was not meant in offense). Are you saying it is bad to be an american? You know you are indirectly insulting me, at least I should start claiming you are. :rolleyes:

I am not saying it is bad. I am saying I am not an American. I just got a American Passport.

But I am from Spain. No matter how many damn times I say that syd always screws it up. It is almost in her nature. Misinterpret everything! I was born in Madrid, Spain and that I am proud of.

I am not saying it is bad. I am saying I am not an American. I just got a American Passport.

But I am from Spain. No matter how many damn times I say that syd always screws it up. It is almost in her nature. Misinterpret everything! I was born in Madrid, Spain and that I am proud of.

She is not the only person who misinterprets things at this message board(no offense intended). For instance, you misinterpreted my sarcasm in my last post(but that isn't the main things you do that with). I know you weren't meaning it as offensive but I am just showing you how you sometimes potray something as offensive when it really isn't.

As for being proud of your country, that is a great thing. I am proud to be an American and nothing anyone can say or do can take that pride away from me. However, if someone calls me British or Scotish(because that is my blood) I won't take offense at it. However, I do know you and syd aren't best friends so maybe I would get a little angry but just remember the hate is one way.

Originally posted by Owen

She is not the only person who misinterprets things at this message board(no offense intended).

No. She is the only one.

I know you weren't meaning it as offensive but I am just showing you how you sometimes potray something as offensive when it really isn't.

Fine.

As for being proud of your country, that is a great thing. I am proud to be an American and nothing anyone can say or do can take that pride away from me.

Yes... that is perfectly fine...

However, I do know you and syd aren't best friends so maybe I would get a little angry but just remember the hate is one way.

You are correct... we hate each other.

I just want this thread closed, it was another mistake even opening it.

"No. She is the only one. "

Well. That is your opinion, but I am sure the rest of the board feels the same as I do(remember the Why thread with Meow where you thought he was calling Spanish ignorant?)

"You are correct... we hate each other.

I just want this thread closed, it was another mistake even opening it."

No. Opening the thread wasn't a mistake, because it is important to be discussed(at least for people connected with America, despite what some of them may think).

This thread like many others gets out of hand because you, syd, and multiple others(I can be included in this generalization) can not grow up and get over petty insults from people who we don't know other than by a name on a message board. Not suggesting we love each other, but some of the behavior on this message board is that of real youngins. Thats why I really have been staying absent from this message board after starting to participate more, becuase of the childishness here(from most everyone... there are a few exceptions like the mods of course, Dusty, and others).

If you are not American, then stop referring to America as "Here", "Our government", etc...

Funny how the ONLY person who thinks I am pathetic, that I'm a "disgrace", that I should be banned etc... is the same person that almost everyone here hates.

You remind me of Nero (who we are studying in Ancient History). He said that "What a great artist the world has lost in me" (or something to that effect) when he committed suicide after the entire Roman Republic turned on him.

---> "It's always someone else - I'm never wrong!?!?"

By the way Owen, my first question to GC about nationality was actually a credible one. I seriously didn't understand why he claims to be from so many places. Very feasible I think. I never once said "You're a retard!" or anything to that effect. He's the one who went beserk:confused:

Last edited:
Originally posted by syd
And I don't hate anyone... :rolleyes:

Well. Then you strongly dislike him. IF you don't start acting like it, because you, me, and multiple others do call him out more than others(he can be a jerk, but we are right back at him). Considering your past remarks, which are usually instigated by GC, not always, you don't ever try to be neutral towards him.

And unlike you and many others, I don't hate, or really even truly dislike GC. I respect him to an extent because he is very knowledgable, but I don't approve of many of his choices, and his main problem is his "I am great" and grouchy attitude, which is what drives most of you to dislike him.

Now I am sure the rest of this thread, or this argument taken onto another thread will go like this. GC will say something about how we are wrong, someone will come in and say I am and you need to grow up, GC will come back angrier, and so will the other person, and it continues and continues until one decides to backdown or the usual result of locking the thread. Its kind of funny how most threads follow the same pattern.

I never am neutral because I really have nothing to be neutral about when it comes to him. I dislike him, of course, no sense in trying to hide that, but that's a given. I don't respect him at all because I do not respect any megalomaniacs. He is the male equivalent of my former best friend (The Queen of Ego), who I truly dislike to the harshest degree. Every remark out of his mouth (or computer, whichever) is exactly like hers. It's irritating! LOL!

Originally posted by syd
I never am neutral because I really have nothing to be neutral about when it comes to him. I dislike him, of course, no sense in trying to hide that, but that's a given. I don't respect him at all because I do not respect any megalomaniacs. He is the male equivalent of my former best friend (The Queen of Ego), who I truly dislike to the harshest degree. Every remark out of his mouth (or computer, whichever) is exactly like hers. It's irritating! LOL!

Yes. And every remark you say to him tries to inflame him to be that egomaniac. So if you dislike it so much, why don't you stop inciting it some(despite what you say, you do do it some)?

And if you truly dislike him to the largest degree, there will be many people you will begin to hate, because as bad as he may seem, there are tons of worse people out there, and you and me both know that.

Hey, guess what. I haven't had any arguements with him in a long time. All I asked was about his nationality because he talks as if the USA is HIS country, but says it isn't. Is it so WRONG to ask? I didn't insult, I didn't flame, I even joked a little. That was my first post in about a week or two. And now *I* incite him? I have in the past, but not lately. And certainly not in this thread! I'm not going to walk like I'm on hot coals when asking something.

How come I can ask *anyone* here a normal question and get humourous responses, but with him he has to have a little freakout? That's his ego problem, not mine. I don't care if he gets upset or not.

"So... exactly what *are* you? I mean, first you're Spanish, now you're American, then you're a South American, now you're European again!! If I went by your standards, I'd have a zillion citizenship cards!"

That last sentence is what set it off, and you know good and well GC takes those kind of things to heart. Either you forgot it, or you did it knowingly. I am not getting on you so much(because you didn't do soemthing that wrong), but you did something which you knew would aggravate him.

That wasn't intentional... it really shouldn't set anyone off, cause if it did, that's rather sad. It's just a joke and it's not insulting. Perhaps cause it's true. If I DID go by his standards, I'd be Canadian, French Canadian, Russian, Hungarian, Austrian, German and Icelandic. I'm not kidding about that!

Originally posted by syd
That wasn't intentional... it really shouldn't set anyone off, cause if it did, that's rather sad. It's just a joke and it's not insulting. Perhaps cause it's true. If I DID go by his standards, I'd be Canadian, French Canadian, Russian, Hungarian, Austrian, German and Icelandic. I'm not kidding about that!

Yeh. It is kind of sad he takes offense at that, but you don't like him and his ego, yet you continue to post things that will make him show it(knowingly or not). So you can either keep posting those things and expect the same result, or not and don't expect ot see his ego as much. Its just you don't keep doing soemthing that produces an undesirable result.

Originally posted by syd
How come I can ask *anyone* here a normal question and get humourous responses, but with him he has to have a little freakout?
That's very true. Maybe it's best not to even bother? :confused2

Well this time was not intentional, and I don't intend to sit and stare at my post everytime and think "Well... will this offend him or not?". If he gets offended that's not my problem and I'm not gonna hold back what I say just cause he throws a tantrum. I always joke around with people, that's just my personality (in "real life", I'm the class clown type person) so if he can show his, than I can show mine :D

Originally posted by Jan

That's very true. Maybe it's best not to even bother? :confused2

If we wanted to stop the outbursts, we'd have to stop posting at all :D FWS: Population: 1!

lol, i'm not the one who has a superiority complex.....Gina

Oh don't ever... I mean EVER CALL ME SOUTH AMERICAN. OR AMERICAN. Because I am not. I just got an American Passport along with the Spanish EU passport...

Oh and it is you russian who dreams too much... you disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back