• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Thread Closed] Criticizing a hero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The democrats are simply being childish in this. They are trying to defame a president at any costs. If they are going to get so mad at that picture, they ought to start getting angry about movies that portray the sinking of the Titanic, the holocaust, the bombing of Pearl Harbor, etc. etc.. Movies, documentaries, and multiple other presentations have been done about those, yet no objections. Simply because September 11 happened recently doesn't make the lives and the event any more or less important than the lives that were lost in those other evens, one of which(holocaust) was much more tragic and vicious than the plane bombings were.

This isn't suprising as most politicians are hypocrites and power mongerers who sway to the side that supports their views and agenda.

Sure Bush is probably a power monger himself, but I would like to have a picture of his portrait while in airforce one in my room. I am proud to show that I am his supporter. I will even vote for him in 2004 because I will reach the age. The same I would do with Franklin Roosevelt, Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan. All heroes. Though I didn't agree with Roosevelt's economic plan in the beginning, his handling of the war is something to be proud of.

Define "commie." You may not use the words "commie," "communist," "red," "democrat," or "republican" in the definition; also do not refer wars as your method of defining communism.

(I'm serious. I want to know what you think it means. But really, I know you know that democrats are not communists.)

By the way, being president at the time when there's a national crisis doesn't make him a hero. Any other president would have dealt with it as well as or better than W. Besides, I've known heroes all my life; they are everywhere. They don't have to be internationally famous. Maybe Bush is your hero, but not so for everyone.

^^the byrdie senses some flaming coming on because she does not always conform to other's views. <<more flaming for the mention of conformity.

No problem birdie. You are sensing not quite the correct answer out of me... well at least it won't be me flaming you. Ronald Reagan once said heroes are everywhere, those who work, and those who help others.

Everybody: Call me Fez now, I am starting to adopt that nickname in my school...

Maybe they would of... but I deserve the right to buy that photo of Bush and put it up in my room and if somebody else where to do that with Clinton, they shouldn't be shut out of that right.

I just wonder when US people will understand that USA can go on even without a president! :D I'm European and I see the things in a different way, but I have the impression that it's the whole machine (USA) that counts , not the president. For me Klinton , Bush etc are just the Barbies. The machine commands ! Not the president! :D

I am also European, but I don't see things the way you do. The President is the one who signs bills and makes a very large impact on the world stage and how the world views the US. So he certainly makes all the difference.

sounds like something from Grapes of Wrath - people built something that has grown beyond their control. Humans built it but they can't control it. I agree.
I agree sort of with Giancarlo on the last comment too - the President represents the nation, whether he values the same things as the people or not. In my case, he certainly does not. but anyways...I agree with both of you on those comments.

Humans also need a sense of authority because believe me they can't live without it. Anarchy is not a workable system because of this quality.

Bush mainly represents my views (pro death penalty, anti abortion, pro free market, etc).

No disrespect, but we don't need an outsider telling us that the U.S. can be ran without a president.

What makes the U.S. such an amazing country is, even if the Capital (Washington DC) is blown to pieces, each state has it's own "government" and can operate as a country on it's own. Unlike most countries where the capital runs the entire country.

The president is just a representative for the United States.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I am also European, but I don't see things the way you do.

:confused: So... exactly what *are* you? I mean, first you're Spanish, now you're American, then you're a South American, now you're European again!! If I went by your standards, I'd have a zillion citizenship cards!

states can't run the country.
military, laws (serious ones), and other crap are provided by the federal government.

i'm from russia and i know more than you about your own government system, haha

Yeah, he's a bit out of this world. Dreams too much.

Originally posted by syd

:confused: So... exactly what *are* you? I mean, first you're Spanish, now you're American, then you're a South American, now you're European again!! If I went by your standards, I'd have a zillion citizenship cards!

Originally posted by syd

50% Spanish/50% Italian with Spanish Euroland Passport.

My dad just works for the US government... not my fault is it?

This Crazy Russian is not somebody you would want talk to.

Syd you are disgrace.

Originally posted by syd

Oh don't ever... I mean EVER CALL ME SOUTH AMERICAN. OR AMERICAN. Because I am not. I just got an American Passport along with the Spanish EU passport...

Oh and it is you russian who dreams too much... you disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back