• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

This is ridiculous

This brings up a good point.

Why should the government have any business what I do with my body? Even if a study comes out saying cannabis is actually dangerous and proves it in a peer-reviewed setting, then I'll still smoke. Why? Because I enjoy it.

Sometime along my path of education, they told me that the (utopian) purpose of a government is to protect and bring forth greater well being for the general public, which is why they're empowered to do certain things, like put restrictions on stuff they deem harmful for the public.

For instance, here it's illegal to commit suicide. I mean, what the ----? A guy who decides he doesn't want to live anymore tries to kill himself, and that's a crime? If he doesn't succeed (lives), he faces charges.
It's kind of hard to explain, but basically the reason it's illegal is because the government's supposed to protect your life no matter what. I think they said it had something to do with the superior value of life or something like that.

Anyway, just thought I'd comment on that.

Sometime along my path of education, they told me that the (utopian) purpose of a government is to protect and bring forth greater well being for the general public, which is why they're empowered to do certain things, like put restrictions on stuff they deem harmful for the public.

For instance, here it's illegal to commit suicide. I mean, what the ----? A guy who decides he doesn't want to live anymore tries to kill himself, and that's a crime? If he doesn't succeed (lives), he faces charges.
It's kind of hard to explain, but basically the reason it's illegal is because the government's supposed to protect your life no matter what. I think they said it had something to do with the superior value of life or something like that.

I find the law on committing suicide stupid. I mean, seriously, it is my life. I have absolute control over it and I don't think you have any right to control what I do with my life. It is not as though I am killing someone else or what.

To be honest, sometimes, certain laws are just too ridiculous.

It's the same here in Ireland.

Would be ironic if you faced the death penalty for trying to commit suicide.

What are the charges? Just fine and/or prison?

Would be ironic if you faced the death penalty for trying to commit suicide.

What are the charges? Just fine and/or prison?

I think they would actually give you some free counselling. At least, they would here.

I think they would actually give you some free counselling. At least, they would here.

They give you a cup of tea and £20 in social work expenditure plus some prescription drugs in the UK Colin, unless your rich in which case they give you more money as that must be what was upsetting you.

Rules aside for this one not enough is done to recognise symptoms of it let alone deal with it, prosecuting for it is just plain ridiculous.

(The above is only for serious, as in really meaning to do it, cases - not the for tantrum of an attention seeker - harsh but true)

Last edited:
Back