• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ThE LongesT ThreaD EveR

so furnilover21, if that is your real name, i have a question for you. i just viewed your video and noticed you had "transmission" installed when you opened your terminal window. now as i recall, you vehemently vowed never to pirate ever again and went so far as to post in your sig something to the effect of "pirated software free since 2008".

how do you account for this? and what the ---- was the point of the video?

kthx

so furnilover21, if that is your real name, i have a question for you. i just viewed your video and noticed you had "transmission" installed when you opened your terminal window. now as i recall, you vehemently vowed never to pirate ever again and went so far as to post in your sig something to the effect of "pirated software free since 2008".

how do you account for this? and what the ---- was the point of the video?

kthx

At the time, transmission was seeding Wonderland Online's setup program, which is free to download from their website (in fact, they give you torrents to use). Now I'm seeding it AND ubuntu 9.04 amd64 Desktop Edition ISO from the ubuntu.com website. Meaning I'm still not pirating software. Not to mention that Transmission is installed by default in Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop Edition.

The point of the video itself was to show how ReactOS performed.

Last edited:
You really like this ReactOS don't you? :p

Yes, because it's an alternative OS to Windows, which will be--eventually--fully compatible with Windows apps. Not to mention it uses the classic theme and start menu for a default. They have a long way to go, but they're doing nicely so far; though they could use more developers.

There was a google code entry for reactos, but you should read their thread about it.

Why have a alternative to Windows, if it will run Windows apps? I'd prefer to just stick to Windows. I use legit versions anyway, so it being free means nothing :p

Why have a alternative to Windows, if it will run Windows apps? I'd prefer to just stick to Windows. I use legit versions anyway, so it being free means nothing :p

My Windows XP Copy can no longer activate over the Internet, and soon it will run off of support and I will never be able to activate it again. Vista sucks IMO, so ReactOS is a welcomed OS for me.

My Windows XP Copy can no longer activate over the Internet, and soon it will run off of support and I will never be able to activate it again. Vista sucks IMO, so ReactOS is a welcomed OS for me.

how is the performance? doubt reactos could perform as well as windows without taking windows code and violating copyright. it's intriguing though.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Back