• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ThE LongesT ThreaD EveR

My battery takes around 1.5 hours to charge fully on average, and my battery lasts barely 10 mins, at fully charged. Ubuntu is telling me I have approximately 10 minutes of remaining battery life (99.5%)

That's bad. I DID around 4 hours when I got it, still surprised it's still going though, 2 years :D
Worst thing though is I can't use the laptop WITHOUT the battery. My charger port has bent, so the wire only charges the battery on a certain angle, which when it doesn't, it uses the battery which keeps it turned on, so obviously if it comes out and it has no battery the laptop shuts off.

We're talking every 1 min here, the wire comes out of place. :(

Wait... do you have a gateway laptop? Cause I have this exact same problem on my gateway that I got in 2000. (Its also running ubuntu)

My battery takes around 1.5 hours to charge fully on average, and my battery lasts barely 10 mins, at fully charged. Ubuntu is telling me I have approximately 10 minutes of remaining battery life (99.5%)

That's bad. I DID around 4 hours when I got it, still surprised it's still going though, 2 years :D
Worst thing though is I can't use the laptop WITHOUT the battery. My charger port has bent, so the wire only charges the battery on a certain angle, which when it doesn't, it uses the battery which keeps it turned on, so obviously if it comes out and it has no battery the laptop shuts off.

We're talking every 1 min here, the wire comes out of place. :(

Have you tried buying a new battery? :S

It's a VAIO. & I have, but I'm not spending the prices of SONY batteries. I'll buy one when it dies completely, I have it on the charger all the time anyway, failing that I'll just get a new laptop.

It's a VAIO. & I have, but I'm not spending the prices of SONY batteries. I'll buy one when it dies completely, I have it on the charger all the time anyway, failing that I'll just get a new laptop.

Get a new charger from a second-hand computer store or something. >.>

Doesn't look like it Dynash

Back