• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Latest Greatest Upcoming development... supposedly

PH-Kev

Hi Folks,

Anyone running VPS servers with HyperVM?

Ever thought of instead of selling VPS's, selling VPS Reseller space... its reseller hosting, taken to the next level..

Im looking for some pro's to have a professional discussion or debate about how this may be a good or bad idea, selling off chunks of your server for VPS Reseller's can seem appealing and also the fact you can let them create their VPS accounts over a server farm, it could churn a gold mine. Im wondering if their is a viability for this over affiliate schemes and also wondering about the abuse factor?

From what i can gather i see the following pro's:

New servers that usually sit for a bit to be filled, will wait less, meaning more profit your way

Reseller's do more of your work for you at filling your nodes

Unique Market for now

Disadavantages and Possible downfalls:

Reseller's can have a preference for Server's, Causing Overloading

For now... the bandwagon is there to jump on but your joining few others :p

We currently use Hypervm.. It works well and we do have a couple of resellers as well.

With a reseller on hypervm you can limit your resellers-- we use xen so the overloading would not happen since it uses what is allocated.

I would recommend xen for reselling of VPS' service.

Good luck!

Adam

I have to say that there are a lot of people doing reselling on that higher level. But this issue is quite new and I think that we have to wait little bit to understand all pros and cons of it through our good or bad experience.

I think its a good idea from a customers viewpoint.... I'd love to get a VPS reseller. That's worth thinking about.

Back