• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The ASP.NET vs. PHP or PERL debate!

My 486(fileserver) running Red Hat ran for over 100 days before my cat turned off the power on it. :rolleyes:

IINM, minix is a failed attempt to keep UNIX free, and have its roots on UNIX too. Anyway, for me Win2K or XP are pretty stable and as good as Linux in stability. The main culprits were usually 3rd party programs programmed according to the moronic Win32 API specifications, and Win2k or XP iuself will not crash by itself unless there is hardware problem present. That's why I viewed .NET, which is a possible replacement of Win32 as an underrated good move by Microsoft, and I will certainly support it.

and I'll bet you think it was an accident dontcha! nuh uh...no, those furry lil f*cks know what they're doing.. as cats are born, they inherit from the mother a few natural hatred for certain things. Dogs, water, and as everyone knows, Linux. :p

From what I've seen ASP is hell to write, php and perl win hands down. I mean compare Vbulletin and snitz forums, which one is better?

Originally posted by Archbob
From what I've seen ASP is hell to write, php and perl win hands down. I mean compare Vbulletin and snitz forums, which one is better?

vBulletin = teh win

i havent seen any forum that in asp thats as good as vB for under 200 dollars USD. what is vB ? 160 i think ? and the get an asp forum almost as good you need to shell out 500 or more. That's because it prolly takes so long to write asp. perl/php/linux will always win hands down :) btw im installing rhl 8.0 now so it looks like im a linux guru ;)

I haven't posted cause I was out of town for the weekend but...

ASP.NET has more features than ANYTHING out there by far

if you thin ASP.NET is to hard then you aren't smart. it is the first real web language I have ever learned and it came pretty naturual. With ASP.NET you can make just about any application run on the web. the .NET framework was writtin in C#, the same language you can use with ASP.NEt and it isn't "run down", you can use all of it's features. And with the help of Session State and ViewState you can do just about anything

Hello,

For a standard user who are not going to use their computer as a server:

Red Hat Linux 7.3 vs Windows XP Pro

Windows XP Pro wins

I'm going to get 8.0 soon and see if this one supports my modem :biggrin2: to start off with.

raz0r: WineX is meant more for games, while Wine is meant more for applications. :p

How many times has everyone installed linux here?
I have successfully installed and "personalized" Linux 5/5 times, and right now I'm saturating my new cable modem with the 4 FreeBSD CD's for i386 downloading. :D

And Carl man, WinXP probably only wins because most games are for Windows. ;)

Originally posted by Daniel
I wonder, can HL work well in Linux under wineX. I used wine, just never winex.
I was playing on CS a server once with someone who was running CS under WineX. He said it worked great but the menus were a little slow.

Back