• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The ALL New Server Complete!

Hey Amaresh,
I tried having the design done in divs and everyone that I talked to about coding it talked me into tables because the divs would have issues or something or other.

I don't know whom you talked to, but I would have to say that what they told you isn't correct.

As long as you hire a half decent coder, they should have no problem at all coding your design completely into tableless css/xhtml.

You can find many such coders on forums like DigitalPoint for as low as $25-30.

Nice I like it Daniel, I agree with Dynash, move the price down to inline with the order button looks much better.

For the coding issue just get it saved off as xhtml to start with from the sliced PSD, the code tidy job is a bit of a bind but does make a difference.

Like the gradient at the top - makes it look like a noticeboard with a picture lamp shining down :D okay so I like some retro stuff to survive...

All in a very good starting point :) It will develope 'organically' I think is the current buzz word, along with web 2.0 (would someone please just kill that term - it has more things uncertain about it than certain)

Hmm some how my email notification on this thread didn't work...

Anyway, let me see what I can do about the XHTML...

I actually just went and did an W3C XHTML Transitional validation on it and it failed, but mostly due to a alt tags not being present on images, there was only four or so things that weren't XHTML.

As for exporting from Photoshop into XHTML, if tables are so bad, then this won't work either ;) It exports XHTML pages with tables, not divs.

Any good coder would actually tell you to stay away from tables.

Personally, I would use divs and your page seems simple to do. I had time to do a complete new layout in an hour yesterday with css, if I can do it, you can do it :)

Hey Guys,

Ok so I paid someone to completely recode it, again. The entire thing is divs and xhtml. It also has a total of 10 images, including the two network maps on the about page.

Let me know what you think now ;)

I also had WHMCS skinned to match (still a few bugs to work out) and Kayako is integrated into the WHMCS (much like a container, but not).

If you see anything that doesn't look quite right, please let me know!

Thanks,
Daniel

way better. Good move on paying someone to code it.

I paid someone to code it before ;) Needless to say... this redesign ended up costing about 3 times what I wanted it to cost. But it's just part of running a business. I couldn't stand the old design any longer.

This new one is WAY better and everyone I talk to keeps saying it looks awesome.

Next time I do a redesign, I am going to buy it fully coded ;)

Now I need to get the WHMCS reintegrated because it was done before the decision to switch to divs and everything, and it loads quite slow due to the large number of images.

Digital Point is your friend :p

Great designers and coders with desperate wants/needs for money at extremely competitive prices lol.

Digital Point is your friend :p

Great designers and coders with desperate wants/needs for money at extremely competitive prices lol.

To be honest, I don't ever recall ever using Digital Point :confused4

Next time around I will check there though.

Back