• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The ALL New Server Complete!

SC-Daniel

Hey Guys,

It's been a while coming, but the all new Server Complete site is finally online!

I still have a few tweaks to do, but it is pretty much done, so I went ahead and put it online. I know that the specials page is not uploaded yet, it is still being worked on.

Some of the things that I have planned are:
  1. Re-Integrate WHMCS
  2. Convert most images to CSS
  3. Change header "splash" bar on various pages
The design was done by JohnnyLi and I had it coded up and slapped my content on it.

Let me know what you think! See anything that needs to be changed?

Please don't comment on my excessive use of images, I realize a lot of the images are not needed and that I could use text and CSS. Right now I am using images until I clean up the code a bit to be more W3C compliant. Once that is done I will replace a lot of the images with real text.

So bring on the criticism! **hides in a corner in the fetal position** :D

very nice. box up the text, or move it a few pixels over, i don't know why but it looks out of place there. maybe stick like a dark border with a light background, and place the text inside, (if you get what i mean).

i like it though, looks perfect.
be nice to see WHMCS done though.

Thanks Dynash ;)

I will give the suggestion about the text a try tomorrow. My brain is about fried right now. I was up at 3:30AM this morning taking care of a DDoS attack and by the time everything was isolated it was daybreak and I can't sleep when it is light outside.

Anyway, I sent an email to someone who does WHMCS integrations a few minutes ago and that should be taken care of tomorrow afternoon.

I am hoping to rid of some of the unnecessary images tomorrow too. Just been a long day and my eyes need a break.

Thanks again, +rep ;)

I'm not in love with it.

-As you mentioned, too many images. Text is okay sometimes, you know? :)
-WHMCS integration, as you mentioned, needs to be done.
-Testimonials page seems too blank and boring.
-I hate that Hybrid VPS image on every page. I dont like scrolling down on every single page.
-The font on the text should be changed. Too.... normal, too bland.
-I want to see more about your data center. I want to be impressed with its connectivity, and its uptime promises, and it's professional images.... but instead, I'm forced to go to google and look it up myself.

Please take that criticism as just that, and nothing more. I love the look of the site, but I'm a perfectionist and a very picky person.

@David, what resolution are you using? i'm using 1280 x 800 right now, and I don't have to scroll to see anything. Only on the dedicated page, and one order button on the hybrid. (the copyright is off on all pages, but only that)

I think though, the order now button and the price should be side by side.
something like this: i already took about 40px off the box that was just white space.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/stevie_901/justtest.jpg

I like.

I dont think there is too many images, the whole first page is only 78kb, many sites are 5 - 10 times just for the index page.

Suggested improvements:
Well as you know, im not that fussy like David is, to me its good how it is, except the WHM :p

A smoother gradient background with more light blue covering about 200px of height would be nicer :p

Thanks for all the comments guys... I will get to work on it in a couple hours, my brain is still half asleep :D

Anyway, the connectivity and datacenter information is definately on my list. It will most likely go on the "About" page.

As for the testimonials, definitely agree about that as well. I emailed a couple customers last night and only one got back to me quick enough for me to put their testimonial up. Once I get the others I will add those in and spice the page up a bit too.

As I also said, the WHMCS will be done this afternoon. I emailed someone that I know who does the WHMCS integrations and when he gets a chance this afternoon he is going to do one up for me.

Like I also said in my first post, the hybrid image is going to change on every page to be something more relevant to that page. It doesn't make much since to put a hybrid image on the dedicated plans, does it?

Now as far as the font for the normal text, I understand what you mean. The text did kind of look out of place, but I couldn't seem to make it look better. I will give it another go today.

The images are definitely going to be cleaned up today. I couldn't get it to look right when I used text and css, but I will get it today. Had a long day yesterday and wanted to get it done :D

Now, the priced next to the order buttons. I will give that a try as well to see what it looks like. I will also try a different gradient. It had a solid background on it and once i added the gradient it just made the page "pop" a bit more. I will see if I can make it a bit more smooth.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I am not sure how many of you looked at my previous site, if you have, you will know that this is a HUGE improvement from the "1999" feel. It is very much web 2.0 and looks much more professional in my opinion.

Once I wake up and everything I will get to work on making the changes. BTW, +rep for everyone's comments.

Ya man, that old site was almost as bad as my new one lol.. ALMOST!

but its still a WIP i hope to get working much better at some stage ;/

See I actually hate coding things... I am a very sloppy coder and always rig things. I use the 'ol if it looks right, who cares if the code is rigged ;)

My brain is still in bed at the moment :D Long day yesterday. Here in a bit I will get back to work.

Looks great, I'd tighten up the main content space (less virtical whitespace..) and even out the menu (so there's not that 1 inch gap after "order now")

Btw, "specials.php" isn't up yet :p

Hehe... Yeah I know ;)

I think I am finally recouped and caught up on everything else and I will get that page setup along with the other fixes that need to be done.

I don't want to get WHMCS integrated until I am done with the layout either.

As for the Hybrid idea... I've been tossing it around for several months now, but I've just gotten the urge to push it forward. If it doesn't go over as planned, no problem, just repurpose the node for normal VPSs.

For all the web 2.0 talk going around, I'd suggest you to recode the site in CSS/xHTML and get rid of all those tables you have.

Tables should be used only for tabular data and nothing else. Also, having the design elements separated in a css file will help you with SEO.

Last edited:
Hey Amaresh,

The seperate CSS file is on my list... I tried to work on the site last night and I just couldn't focus on what I was doing.

I tried having the design done in divs and everyone that I talked to about coding it talked me into tables because the divs would have issues or something or other.

Honestly, as I previously said, I am one of those people who as long as it works, why bother recoding it :D Since I am a sloppy coder as it is and couldn't seem to get the design right, I hired someone to do it for me. Switching to xHTML is not one of my biggest concerns at the moment, removing those images are.

Back