• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Textlinks.com Update

Dear TextLinks.com affilaite,

The TextLinks.com program has been working much better than anticipated
during testing and we're
happy to pass some of this success on to you.

Effective today, 6/4/01, the minimum bid requirement has been REDUCED to
$0.12 (twelve cents). This
has opened up thousands more potential text links for you to use on your
website.

Also, we have posted a list of 6,000 suggested text links that you can
use. This list will be
updated weekly and the next update will most likely double the size of the
list to over 12,000
suggested terms.

We hope that these changes allow you to increase your profitability in
using the TextLinks.com
program.

A quick Re-cap, 18c minimum bid reduced to 12c minimum.

A list of 6,000 useable terms, avaliable here.

Hopefully we should see a little increase,

This was a simple announcement of the program changes, I'd reccomend limiting conversation to about the changes.

If you'd prefer to voice your opinion about SI, please do so in a new thread. I'm not a moderator, and please do not consider me as one, I'm simply trying to guide you.

Thankyou for your time,

right, sorry...
i wasn't implying anything with that last post... just something to do :)

anyway, i think this change is good for webmasters in the program. I hope they'll get a lot more revenue now that 6000 extra terms will allow them to be more targetted.

It is indeed a good change. Under the 18 cent rule, only the most generic of terms were comfortably accepted, since TextLinks is aligned with only the second-rung pay-for-placement search engines (ie, not GoTo).

This change makes the program far more accessible, usable and, quite likely, profitable since CTRs will undoubtedly increase proportionally with the improved targeting that publishers may now offer to their visitors.

May I ask..

May I ask for any information regarding the reliability of this company's ability to send checks to members?

I would just like to know whether or not anybody has actually used this company before and gotten screwed out of their earnings.

thanks!
- John

Lots have been not paid. But expect the supporters to say I am wrong and the other nah sayers to be blocked or deleted if they try to put down the great SI..

Venomx, may I ask where you received this information?

I have been using TextLinks.com since it was in beta test mode, and have been consistently paid on time - which is more than I can say for my experience using Mr Stilwell's own affiliate program which was being managed through FreeFiliate. Venomx promoted his 5 cent/click program through this very forum, before reducing the pay rate to 0 cents/click (without sending notification to his affiliates), making it impossible for previous members to reach the minimum payment threshold.

John, before you criticise other programs, maybe you should analyze your own ethics.

Excuse me but I will not repeat my story here. Do a search on SI.

As for my program ALL affiliates were emailed about the change. If you did not get the email talk to Freefiliate. I closed the affiliate program until they figure out what they are doing.

One minute they are goinng to chaarge $19.95 a month then the next day $4.95 then the next week its $1.99. When it becomes stable and they stop the run around we will reactive the affiliate program again.

Plus people on WHT told me it was unprofessional to use a shopping cart that was not on my server to sell web hostinng. I go with what people tell me.

Again talk to Freefiliate about why you never got the email because others did and have emailed me with questions which were answered.

Re: May I ask..

I have recieved about 4 checks from SI from searchtraffic and popuptraffic. They are so far the most reliable ad programs I have encountered on the web.

Venomx: Leave the thread alone if you have nothing to contribute. You are completely off topic.

Originally posted by WabbyTwax
May I ask for any information regarding the reliability of this company's ability to send checks to members?

I would just like to know whether or not anybody has actually used this company before and gotten screwed out of their earnings.

thanks!
- John

Can't speak directly about payment at this time but I've recently started using TextLinks.com and I really like the results for my small site. I think it is brilliant in concept. I was tired of trying to send traffic to some product that didn't directly apply to my site and then "hope" that the advertiser might convert them. That was too much out of my control. TextLinks.com puts the results directly on me and (so far) the results are 2-3 times more than what I'd done with CJ, ClickXchange and WebSponsors.

As far as being paid... take a look at GeekVillage. Those are heavy-duty Ad revenue users and there is nothing but praise for SI payment history. That is enough for me.

Originally posted by jiminsd
As far as being paid... take a look at GeekVillage. Those are heavy-duty Ad revenue users and there is nothing but praise for SI payment history. That is enough for me.
GeekVillage block any bad comments about any advertiser. Course there's nothing but praise...

It seems as though experiences with SI have been either really good or really bad. I suggest you try SI and see after a month which side you're on. Most everyone should agree that the risk of getting rejected is far outweighed by the possible profits... I myself was not so lucky though :(

Try to post a bad review on GeekVillage with proof andd watch how fast it disappears and if you omplain watch how fast your acount goes bye bye.

Cheap Bastard, venomx, GeekVillage does not delete or block bad comments about any advertiser. As has been mentioned on several occasions before, complaints are to go through the official complaint resolution procedure. When they do so, complaints remain visible, and the merchant in question is encouraged to respond publicly. Geek/Talk would serve no-one if it were a place at which publishers could make wild accusations without providing evidence and contact information to support their claim. Performing a search on GT for "SI" or "AllClicks" will reveal a balance between praise-filled threads and complaints that remain public.

You may both have noticed that Peo has recently announced that this forum will be guided by a similar complaint procedure. The following point taken from the new terms may be especially relevant to venomx:
If you wish to submit a complaint about a company you are only allowed to do it once. You are not allowed to post it again every time that company is mentioned.

On the front page of the GeekVillage money making forum there are currently 7 threads (out of 20) which discuss various programs in a negative light and or raise complaints. The previous 2 comments (before czars) posted here are inaccurate.

If you have a serious complaint GeekVillage has a disciplined, fair, and effective method for airing them. And they remain in the archives indefinitely.

I'm very glad that Peo has taken similar steps. Hopefully more ad network representatives will participate at this forum as they do at GV.

evilhaze, czar, and jimsd I'm glad you have had a positive experience with TextLinks.com.

A novel way to make $$$ with TextLinks......A few webmasters have brought up discussions about the inability to find affiliate programs that will pay commissins on pre-sales of the xBox and GameCube systems. An effective method to make money of the coming hyteria surrounding these games would be to use TextLinks.com (or a competing program) to generate searches for xBox pre-sales. I wouldn't be surprised if you made more this way than getting a small % on the game sale itself.

Hey Robert, while I got your here... Thanks for the great program.

The other guys can think what they want. You guys are helping me.

We have over 35,000 active affilaites and probably 3x that many that have come and goneover the years. If 1/10 of 1% of those webmasters are unhappy it's over 100 webmasters that have issues. We do our best, we can't do any more.

I think CJ is a great company. Most folks do. But go look at their forum ( http://cju.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=frm&s=772094572&f=169094572 ).

95% of the posts trash them. count the number of times the word "scam" is used. Is CJ a scam? Hardly.

If our programs work for you than we're both happy. If not, then business is business and you use someone else.

He asked if anyone was ever not paid. I answered yes. You asked how I can say that and I told you to do a search. (We are still waiting for the proof from Robert that we will never see.) I did not bring up my story again.

Czar are you sure you are not an employee of SI? I mean 50 people could post a bad review here and you would call all of the liars. Get real.

Back