• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Suspend My Account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other businesses don't have a "this account has been suspended" sign sitting there for all the world to see for hours on end!

Point taken, but some other businesses have a lot worse than that when it goes wrong ;p

With all due respect Jan, the OP is blaming the host when it is quite clear that it was not the fault of the host.
Plus, to automatically suspend a clients account because he or she has not, as far as the billing system is concerned, paid their bill is far from bad policy.
Plus, it seems that the OP is creating threads like this and then shooting from the hip when someone disagrees with him/her. That's bad policy.

With all due respect Jan, the OP is blaming the host when it is quite clear that it was not the fault of the host.
You know, Dan, I really don't like you forcing your opinion as fact. It is my opinion that the host is to blame, and should a situation occur where I've paid and my account is suspended again (for not paying) I will promptly look for a new host. I don't tolerate BS like that. The fact of the matter is no one there bothered to check that I had paid - they clearly had a paypal receipt, which had the billing ID in it - there's simply no excuse for it. Suspending an account before manually checking for payments that the billing software didn't correctly flag is IMHO bad policy.
Plus, to automatically suspend a clients account because he or she has not, as far as the billing system is concerned, paid their bill is far from bad policy.
Well that's your opinion - but it isn't mine. I consider it harassment.

take into consideration that a lot of hosting companies run on iHost, and WHMCS, and other similar scripts. Sometimes there can be an error, and it may result in something of this matter. sounds like you need to maybe just take a chill pill, and relax a little. you are going to give yourself an ulcer with how much you stress yourself out, shoot, think you might be giving me one already. and from your images, looks like your host uses WHMCS, and the payment may have simply not been processed through the system just yet depending on what time it was paid. and fact is that is shows paid now, so, dont worry about it. next time, maybe try paying a day or two before it is due and see how long it takes to go though. i understand your frustration, but, not worth getting all worked up. it really isnt.

take into consideration that a lot of hosting companies run on iHost, and WHMCS, and other similar scripts. Sometimes there can be an error, and it may result in something of this matter. sounds like you need to maybe just take a chill pill, and relax a little. you are going to give yourself an ulcer with how much you stress yourself out, shoot, think you might be giving me one already. and from your images, looks like your host uses WHMCS, and the payment may have simply not been processed through the system just yet depending on what time it was paid. and fact is that is shows paid now, so, dont worry about it. next time, maybe try paying a day or two before it is due and see how long it takes to go though. i understand your frustration, but, not worth getting all worked up. it really isnt.
Well said here.
I think that also that web hosting provider's billing department or manager (depends on company size) should provide opportunity for such kuind customers to have their site online while payment is being proced.

Suspending an account before manually checking for payments that the billing software didn't correctly flag is IMHO bad policy.

Okay and the host should charge you $5/month administrative fees for manual handling of your payment.

Is there a chance someone still wipes your bum for you as you have a very tainted view of the world and how it should be. As in if it involves you it should all go swimmingly.

Dan gave his opinion - I did not feel forced to take it as fact, and I can't understand why you did. An opinion is an opinion only, and as you have stated yourself we are all allowed it. (now I'm expecting a request to quote 'exactly' where that was said going on past responses to posts)

Okay and the host should charge you $5/month administrative fees for manual handling of your payment.
Look, to be completly honest - all this feedback from OTHER hosts has made me even more angry at the host I have. As if I should move to someone who isn't so incompitant they suspend my account AFTER I pay.
Just another random person that is getting tired of your complaining. You have to be one of the worst I have met since I have been a member here (longer than you).
You've been a member longer then me?

I have to say, based on the info given it is sort of unfair on the client in this case. Even if the billing payment is late, a generous host should be willing to give it a few days at least before suspending an account.

I have 2 clients whose subscription payment failed right now but I know they will sort these out.

You should name the host.

no one is saying it is fair that it happened, but, simply that ---- does happen sometimes, and maybe to just relax a little instead of being so steamed all the time.

Why are some of you beating up on the OP? Would you have been the same if someone else, say Blank Verse or Matt8, posted the same?

Quite honestly, I see no reason to leave the thread open. It has went from a "rant" [his word] which you see quite a bit around here but multiple members of the forum, to a slug fest of arguments and comments.

Everyone is pointing fingers and it isn't going anywhere constructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back