• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Suspend My Account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meksilon

NLC
I'm kind of angry right now, so instead of just posting a long rant, I'll let the following screenshots tell the story:
This is a billing reminder that your invoice no. # which was generated on 18/01/2008 is due on 21/01/2008.

Your payment method is: Google Checkout

Invoice: #
Amount Due: $17.87 CAD
Due Date: 21/01/2008

You can login to your client area to view and pay the invoice at (url)
Received yesterday, paid promptly:

http://plamdi.com/fws/paypal.png

I also confirmed this by logging into my bank account:

http://plamdi.com/fws/westpac.png

Please note the date in the bank account for the transaction reads "23 Jan 2008", this is normal - however the funds were withdrawn the previous day instantly via paying through Mastercard via Paypal. The currency conversion fee has not yet been deducted from my account, presumably it will be deducted today since they've put in 23-1-08 as the date of the payment. Paypal reports the payment in my time - it was paid in time (ie on the 21st) according to my Host's time zone perhaps not within business hours, but they didn't tell me to pay before close of business - just to pay on the 21st and I did.

Today I find two new messages in my email:
This is a billing notice that your invoice no. # which was generated on 01/18/2008 is now overdue.

Your payment method is: PayPal

Due Date: 01/21/2008

Your login details are as follows:

Email Address: *
Password: *
And:
This is a billing notice that your invoice no. # which was generated on 01/18/2008 is now overdue.

Your payment method is: PayPal

Due Date: 01/21/2008

Your login details are as follows:

Email Address: *
Password: *
Needless to say I'm NOT VERY F. PLEASED. Furthermore when I log into billing this is what I see:

http://plamdi.com/fws/unpaid.png

I've replied to the email, forwarded the paypal confirmation and I'm about to send a "support ticket".

But I'm P.OFFED right now. I've asked for their TOS before and they've never sent it to me - as such they never disclosed their ridiculous "account suspension policy" - and if they had I never would have agreed to it since they suspended my account in THEIR ERROR.

Okay the issue was resolved quickly - HOWEVER, suspend my account without first attempting to confirm payment? VERY unprofessional.

--edit--

allow me to suggest a change in policy:

1. Confirm payments that were made, and sent correctly through the checkout system but are marked as unpaid only because of an error with their WHMC software, before sending payment reminders OR suspending accounts.

Last edited:
One of my sites was suspended once and it wasn't anything I did (or didn't do), it was glitch in WHMCS which autosuspended all accounts on my server. I was freaking angry, I can tell you.

Actually NetX, I intentionally didn't mention the company, I hope you understand. The situation was resolved. However, I am not one bit happy they suspended my account without prior notice - nor did they confirm the payment that I had correctly made. This can be treated as feedback, and anyone can offer their opinion - there's no need to mention specific companies.

One of my sites was suspended once and it wasn't anything I did (or didn't do), it was glitch in WHMCS which autosuspended all accounts on my server. I was freaking angry, I can tell you.

We are actually contemplating on switching from WHMCS to another billing/support system as there are too many loopholes and issues with WHMCS

@ The OP:
I doubt, as Jan made clear, that it was your hosting providers intention, but a glitch in WHMCS.

They could have confirmed the payment from the Paypal verification, and then manually updated the system's invoice to "paid" - which is exactly what they did do once I sent them an email saying "WTF?". I'm also assuming they could disable auto-suspensions - that's just bad policy. The electricity in my home doesn't get turned off the instant they think I've missed a payment.

this type of crap happens all the time. have to keep your cool, or you will do something stupid and get suspended permanently.

^^ That is correct. You can't get mad for a billing mistake. Those happen all the time and it isn't your host that is to blame but rather their billing system. I have to say, Clientexec is not much better.

I'm also assuming they could disable auto-suspensions - that's just bad policy. The electricity in my home doesn't get turned off the instant they think I've missed a payment.

How is that bad policy? I have Automated Suspensions and Terminations enabled. What's bad policy is when clients don't pay their bills and the system has to suspend their account. That's bad policy on the client side.

Unless your billing system has a fault.

Best bet is a grace period before automated suspension, say 7 days with a reminder on unpaid accounts on day 1,3 & 5 after account due :)

Best bet is a grace period before automated suspension, say 7 days with a reminder on unpaid accounts on day 1,3 & 5 after account due :)

That's exactly how I have it set.

But anyways, back to the original topic.

So, is it all sorted or what?

WHMCS - Tried them when they first came out. Wasn't very impressed with their knowledge when I was asking them questions. Cancelled and never looked back.

WHMCS is the WORST billing system EVER! I have been hosted with 2 hosts who use this system and here's what has happened to me:

1. I paid my bill, then a week later the system suspends my account for no apparent reason
2. I set up an account and set up a PayPal subscription. My host informs me that WHMCS for whatever reason won't charge me the tax. Then it suddenly starts to charge me the tax, so the paypal subscription I had set up previously only pays 85% or so of my bill.
3. I set up a PayPal subscription for billing. I am supposed to be billed automatically. The next invoice generated for me, however, comes due 1 day before PayPal is supposed to pay out. Then my host changes the date on the invoice manually. A few days later WHMCS re-creates the original invoice, so now I have 2 invoices due for the same amount a day apart.

All of the above happened to me within the last 2 months.

If you're running a host, DON'T USE WHMCS. It's got problems.

BMR777

Or it's down to the way the host configured it! Less complain about it than praise it soooo.....

You can't get mad for a billing mistake.
Who are you to tell me what I can get mad about?

Once my bank's ATM was in error and the $20 I'd tried to take out was deducted from, my account and no money came out. I promptly walked into the branch and complained - and they said "well we can't reimburse you until it gets refilled next Thursday, and then we'll do that for you automatically". They didn't reimburse me next thursday, and so the Friday I went into the branch and complained, again, and then they finally pulled their fingers out and fixed the problem.

I was about to close my account and open it somewhere where they don't screw me over. But I decided I could let them have ONE mistake. I read all of their terms and conditions - I have a copy in my room - nowhere does it say I have to wait for an ATM to be refilled before receiving my money - if there's a next time and they handle it the same way I'll tell them they can F. themselves, close the account - and open one with someone else.
Those happen all the time and it isn't your host that is to blame but rather their billing system.
Oh, so I'm to blame? Is that right? I'm to blame for their billing error - that's why my account was suspended instead of their account? Is that what you're saying???
How is that bad policy?
Because when my account is suspended for not paying the day after I've paid, I consider that bad policy - don't you?

decker my man, you deserve rep for that great comment, but, i have to spread some around first. :( thanks for the laugh though. :D

You hosts who are defending this, have you ever had your account suspended? And can't get an answer until the billing department opens? It is the most horrible feeling when you know there was no earthly reason why it should be suspended. Look at the other side before you judge.

Not just in hosting Jan, it happens all over and unfortuantely it's now a part of life (gotta love technology), and yes the type of situation has occured to me on more occassions than I'd care to remember.
Anyone who expects everything in the world to run 100% smoothly is delerious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back