• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stupid Free Requests

striker

Strike 3
NLC
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why all these people find it IMPERATIVE to host their BB on a free host with PHP/MySQL phpBB and kill off free hosts? What is wrong with remotely hosted boards like www.aimoo.com or www.suddenlaunch.com? THe only difference is you can't upload your "mods".

Is that why you want a message board? To install mods? If that's why you need a phpBB, than that's pretty pathetic. To think people will join you because you have more hacks than the next guy. The point of a message board is to have people in a community who like something in common and chat about it. And you can do that perfectly on any remotely hosted board.

Also, why does everyone who wants filehosting so secretive about it? I haven't seen 1 person say what they're going to host or why they need the space. Here's a bit of information, YOU DON'T NEED TO HOST HUGE FILES ON FREE SERVERS! You must have somehow got it from somewhere, so why don't you just tell people to grab it from there? If you made the file yourself, that's a different story, but still, you will need a lot of luck to find someone to host anything more than 8mb in size.

I personally am getting pretty tired of all these requests. A LOT of them are just php/mysql and filehosting. If these requests keep coming in and getting filled, soon, we will have no free hosts other than the ones like lifelesshosting.com or fairmount.nu which have strict application.

Just thought I'd share my thought about that.

Bye Bye.

forums its just a space to letting member to posthing up msg , suggestion .. and i think aimoo.com / invisionfree.com, freebb.com are enough for this since its free and .. well, its just great !@

I'm forced to agree with Striker on this...

Its shocking the amount of people asking for forum hosting, most which wont ever see more than 2 people on at the same time anyway... and people asking for filehosting - what file do they plan on hosting? Answer that and we might have a better response.

I personally try and shift through the requests in search for more creative sites, and I do host a fair number of sites that did take the owner some time to make and that actually look really good. And hey, if they want a small forum at the back of the site, I don't really mind - most of these sites are getting 200+ unique visitors, or in to the 10,000s of hits (and they hardly ever go over 10mb space, 300mb in data transfer! - but I let them if they want). But again, I don't mind because of the effort the owner has put into the site in the first place.

I guess what I'm saying is, if the site owner spends their time in making sure their site is good, creative (which will usually attract more visitors in itself) - then that's payment enough for me most of the time :)

Isn't it difficult to blend the free remotely hosted forum to one's website? People might need to create a forum as a complement to their own website. Might be... :rolleyes:

Just put a link to the forum from your site not that hard to do. Besides if your site is in fact the focus of your online webspace, then it won't matter to visitors whether your board looks a certain way or not. They just wan't a place to ask questions and chat. If I go to a support forum for a website, let's say game reviews for example, I couldn't care less where its hosted or what hacks it has, as long as I can ask my question and get it answered.

Yea...Those free boards are good....

Suddenlaunch
Conforums
Proboards

are all the same....In the oder they are they get better and better...

Some people like to have their forum not have that stupid ad/pop-ups....

I just like phpbb and invision cuz they let ya upload...No ads....Hosting forums won't necessarily kill off free hosts....
its the abusing that the "customers"/"visiters" do....

I'll agree with striker on this.

I won't allow forum only sites onto my service, when I catch them they are deleted without thought.

I just hope some people can get it through their heads we don't want to host a forum for them and three forums to post to.

Oh well, back to trolling.. :D

Great thread Striker. Actually i wanted to start a similar thread too. Another thing, stop asking more than 100mb and 5gb data transfer for free hosting!!!

Originally posted by darkcurves
Great thread Striker. Actually i wanted to start a similar thread too. Another thing, stop asking more than 100mb and 5gb data transfer for free hosting!!!

yea, that's lot and its should be on pay host account . for free, 25mb space and 500mb bandwitdh should be enough

What about those who ask for a free dedicated server? It is so sad that people still want things handed to them on a platter. :confused2

If someone offer free dedicated server, then you just take it la but to request for it, it's too much.

If someone offer free dedicated server, then you just take it la but to request for it, it's too much.

if u take it then u have to let him cucuk belakang, u wan ar ?

Wah, if cucuk belakang dont want la, i thought just put ads on site only.

giving away u a free dedicated server and do u think is that just placing a banner ads that's enough ??

sure got something as return la .. plug and play ( cucuk dan main ) then !!!

Originally posted by striker
What is wrong with remotely hosted boards like www.aimoo.com or www.suddenlaunch.com? THe only difference is you can't upload your "mods".

mods improve security, appearence and flow of the board.

I personally am getting pretty tired of all these requests. A LOT of them are just php/mysql and filehosting. If these requests keep coming in and getting filled, soon, we will have no free hosts other than the ones like lifelesshosting.com or fairmount.nu which have strict application.

"tripod.co.uk, microze.co.uk, u69.us" is all you need to say

all the same generic posts are getting annoying; i agree with you. the foreigners are the worst. i leave for 2 days and come back to find 25 unread posts in the "Free Webspace" forum alone.

Back