• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Steve Jobs resigns

Dude, I'm an Android fanboi and I LOOOOOOVE XDA, and he's more or less got a point about the innovation (surrounding ipods and iphones and whatever)

but the video (side note, are we taking bets on what that guy was on? I'm saying coke. Also, as far as being on things, I want to be on that chick) mysteriously forgets to include that without Stevey and the Woz, we'd all still be masturbating to our upside down calculators saying BOOBLESS.

The computer revolution doesn't start until the advent of the personal home computer, and we have a little startup company called Apple to thank for that. The fact that Steve jobs is a noted ------- really has nothing to do with it

Yes, the only thing Apple I truly love is the iPhone... although I think it could use Flash, and be a bit less locked down.

Steve Jobs wasn't the first one to do the personal MP3 player or the smartphone, but he was definitely the first one to do it right. That said, I hope Tim Cook takes the company in a direction that allows their devices to be less restricted.

The computer revolution doesn't start until the advent of the personal home computer, and we have a little startup company called Apple to thank for that.

Not just Apple, they were the first to make enough money from it to be successful.

edit: To say Woz was the innovator, I'd wholeheartedly agree with you on that.

Last edited:
Neil, i fully agree 100% on everything you are saying. and yes, coke is probably the correct guess for the guy in the video.

that being said, NO, iPhone was NOT the first smartphone, it was just the first GOOD smartphone. it was also the first that you could actually use your fingertip on and be accurate instead of a stupid stylus that you were bound to loose. dont get me wrong, i was a hardcore windows mobile phone fan and user till the iPhone came out. the iphone was 1000x faster, more responsive, not freezing and having to have the battery taken out (side note, it cant be taken out and DOESNT need to be taken out), and it had great integration of the iPod app with the functionality of the phone.

furthermore, like Neil said, Steve invented the first HOME computer. that is pretty innovative. im sure we can all agree that he is an egotistical self loving douche, but, he IS innovative and very intelligent, and i can FULLY respect that, as should anyone else (apple or windows fan).

and im sorry that he took some olde ideas like smartphones and made them better, but, if that isnt innovative in your minds, go get a dictionary and look up the word. it doesnt mean he is the first to invent something. to innovate is to invent or begin to apply (methods, ideas, etc). he didnt invent smartphones, but, he applied new and better technology to and existing technology. if that isnt innovative, then why have all other companies followed suit? hmmmmmm, INNOVATION!!!

give the man some respect and stop acting like you are to good for it. i was the biggest apple hater 4 years ago, but, i have slowly started playing with different apple devices and now see why so many people do love them, and now i own a lot of apple products.

heh, yeah, I hear ya, I start considering Apple products all the time. I finally own an iPod now after using a host of other players. The world is just built for Apple right now.

I was briefly considering an iphone to replace my Nexus One (the N1's biggest design flaw is finally becoming an issue after about a year and a half. You have to wake the phone using the flimsy power button on top instead of the trackball....now the power button is starting to die) In the end, I've decided I'm going to stay with an Android device. iphones are sexy, no question, but they're not for me.

Tablets are retarded no matter who made it.

yeah, everyone i know with android phones have issues. i think they could be great products, and maybe it is faulty cause of the hardware, but, apple has done something right.

i switched my laptop to be a macbook pro about 3 years ago, and it was the best thing i ever did as far as a computer choice. since then, i have bought many apple products, and it all started since i bought my iphone.

i also thought iPads and other tablets were stupid, but, recently they grew on my and i found all sorts of things that they would be useful for, especially when flying across the country and i want to watch a movie and not pull out my 17" laptop that doesnt fit on the airline trays at all. i use my ipad every day at work for my to do list and music instead of killing my phone battery and no carrying around my laptop. very handy.

iBright, you talk a lot of being a fanboy of this or that, it has nothing to do about it (I'm not a fanboy of either). I said Woz is the true innovator and inventor, not Jobs. Which is fact - that is even reflected in awards they have been awarded over the years. I'll give Woz respect. I agree Apple made the first successful home computer, I even said that in the post above but they weren't the only ones to try, they just made it successful. Remembering back then everyone stole ideas off each other until someone managed to make it successful, Apple were the ones to do it. Steve had those original ideas of wanting to start his own company and wanting to create the first home computer, but Woz also shared that idea (of computing, he never wanted to be a front man). As said, Steve has good powers of persuasion- hell he even persuaded Woz to do a startup with him.

The iPhone wasn't the first capacitive smartphone, the LG Prada was (released 2006). The iPhone was however the first capacitive smartphone WITH multi-touch.

I've never said Apple weren't the ones to help build modern computing from those early days, they certainly were, but I don't think they are anymore in the modern world.

i didnt say iPhone was the first capacitive smartphone. that being said, the Prada was a joke. it was a terrible overpriced phone marketed to snooty Europeans.

btw, researching different products and choosing one that happens to be apple doesnt make someone a fanboy. i recently purchased an iPad, however, i looked at the galaxy s tablet and even the new HP tablet. for my needs, not my wallet, i chose the iPad. you think i wanted to dish out $600 for a tablet, no, but, i did cause it better suits my needs and what i wanted in a product. also, after reading multiple reviews, it was clear to me that iPad was just a better choice.

just cause Bill Gates didnt technically write the code to windows and doesnt technically make the products, he is the man with the vision and knows what he whats to have made and gets it done. he is an innovator too and deserves just as much respect as Steve Jobs. He still makes a quality product and the tech world will be different without him being in it as well.

stop being a snooty European that is anti mac/Steve, just cause you probably cant afford the products they make. even if i still hated apple, like i used to, it wouldnt have changed that Steve would have been missed and it would not change the fact that he is an innovator.

Oh typical, resulting to saying I can't afford products. Are you trying to justify your purchase or something? I never said you were a fanboy, you just brought that up yourself. I'm not European, I'm English.

edit: Yeah you did say the iPhone was the first, "it was also the first that you could actually use your fingertip on and be accurate instead of a stupid stylus". The Prada was accurate and didn't require a stylus.

Last edited:
Oh typical, resulting to saying I can't afford products. Are you trying to justify your purchase or something? I never said you were a fanboy, you just brought that up yourself. I'm not European, I'm English.
i two types of people that dont like apple products. the first, and the majority are the ones that cant afford it. the second are the people that have never really used apple products in the last 10 years. so, making an assumption.

oh, and "English"... You are from the UK. that is part of the European countries. therefore, you are European, just as someone from Switzerland or Germany. I wasnt waying you are from the country Europe. there is no country Europe. I rest my case, you are European.

edit: Yeah you did say the iPhone was the first, "it was also the first that you could actually use your fingertip on and be accurate instead of a stupid stylus". The Prada was accurate and didn't require a stylus.

i stand by my statement. i didnt say the first capacitive. i said it was the first one that was actually "accurate". not saying the Prada wasnt close, but, look at the android phones. they arent even as responsive as the iphone. they are capacitive too, just not as good. apple is leaps and bounds further along in technology of multi touch interaction and way more responsive than others.

look, i dont want to argue with you, but, all your points are not valid. just accept the facts. if you go and invent a new smartphone that is even better and pushed technology boundaries, i would call you an innovator. (or just to be a prick, maybe i wouldnt)

I know we're apart of the EU, but I'm not European. I own a iPod, I use MacOS regularly. I've used Apple products. I can afford them provided I saved up for one especially, I just prefer something worth its price.

You didn't have to say capacitive, the iPhone is capacitive which is why it requires no stylus and just your finger. The Prada phone then is the first - and was accurate (going to ignore your comment about android, its irrelevant). I will say that I do like the responsiveness of the iPhone screen - but thats the only thing I wish would spread like fire throughout the smartphone market, but that doesn't make others bad. The only point I've made that you say isn't valid is that Jobs isn't the real innovator, which he isn't. He is an innovator, yes, I've not denied that, but Woz is more of an innovator at Apple. Are you suggestively saying I'm a prick? I'm just stating points I'm not arguing.

comparing prada to apple is same as comparing andriod to apple. i will agree that all have their strengths and weaknesses, even apple. nuff said

I'd go as far as to say that without Bill Gates running the show, Microsoft isn't as innovative as they were.

I agree with stfuradio.

Microsoft is trying to Apple their ---- up and make everything they develop look like a fun toy.

But isn't innovation just taking what someone made and try to make it better? Everyone's certainly trying to do that.

Mixed results.

Back