• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StaticHost Suspended, All Sites Down !!

Steve is on holiday - he only goes once a year and somehow things seem to go wrong when he's gone!

I'm in contact with him and we're both trying to get it back online.

As for the reason for why it's down, I can't speak for that.

Thanks for the info, glad there's atleast *some* contact with him.
The most peculiar thing is the timing though, he left 2 days ago?
The whole server went down the very next day :tired2: talk about bad luck lol.
He must be so excited to go on his holiday he completely forgets to pay the bill :)

Like I said, I can't comment (because I don't know) on why the server is in the state it is. Mightn't have been forgetting to pay the bill. Don't be jumping to conclusions!

Like I said, I can't comment (because I don't know) on why the server is in the state it is. Mightn't have been forgetting to pay the bill. Don't be jumping to conclusions!

It wasn't a conclusion, just a (failed) attempt at making a joke? xD
Ahwell lets hope this all gets resolved soon, please keep us updated.
Thanks.

It is unfortunate that this occurs when he's on holiday. Has there been any communication from the host? It is hard to determine what the cause is. It's always a possibility that they forgot to pay the bill but there can always be other reasons.

Wouldn't there be a checklist of things to do before going on holiday? Hire a management company, make sure the bills are paid, extra support?

Steve is on holiday - he only goes once a year and somehow things seem to go wrong when he's gone!

I'm in contact with him and we're both trying to get it back online.

As for the reason for why it's down, I can't speak for that.

If steve knows about this why he is not answering our concerns, it cant be a billing issue in my opinion as if that was the case it should have been up by now, its almost 24 hours he knowing about the situation !!!

Steve/Mentok

Is there any update as to the problem here please as it's almost the weekend?
If it's something that's not going to be fixed in the immediate future I may need to make alternative arrangements (not that I want to).

Thanks

Okay, update:

Steve paid for the server yesterday evening (at least in his timezone) and since then it's been offline because the datacentre hadn't unsuspended it yet.

Steve did have somebody else who was meant to pay for the server but they didn't.

Steve will most likely explain all when he gets back, there's only so much that can be said in an SMS!

(NB: The server is back online)

Glad to hear that :) Thanks for sorting things out with Steve.

Now, any idea how long it'll take to my site etc. back online?

Thanks

Back