• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Starting hosting

Ashley Cardwell

Im going to start a hosting service soon, but i want to know what people want and what they would use it for.

The hosting would support FTP, email, php, scripts, multiple user accounts, sub domain hosting, wordpress, joomla, drupal and more.

If some of you could answer these please, that would be a great help.

Web hosting space in MB or GB.
Traffic you would want.
How much would you be willing to pay for what you have just asked for?

You are so kind to ask for webhosting requirement. But generally people want just sufficient basic facilities for webhosting. It should platform oriented, 500MB space will enough, But client's don't tolerate downtime of website and scripting errors. So, you need to aware about those things.

People will use hosting for personal, forums and blogs.

Have like 3 or 4 packages. Use space in either MB or GB ( not to high, as it will look like your overselling )
Bandwidth in GB's ( Again not too much so it looks like your overselling )

I guess you will start on a reseller, depending on how you advertise ( Google ad's, Facebook, twitter & ect.... )

I would suggest stay away from giving free hosting as you get so many fruad signups and server abuse.

Prices depend on what you offer. ( I could help you out with a reseller to get you going )

speak to us in live chat.

Last edited:
Motivation for many businesses to buy VPS servers is their capability of delivering the same level of performance as of dedicated hosting. VPS hosting is capable of providing its clients with complete administrative control, higher server capacity, higher bandwidth, best safety measures and disaster-recovery choices, plus higher levels of availability and reliability. Since Hyper-V technology offers true hardware isolation, any VPS server will never get affected as a result of an action by another VPS user within the exact same physical server.
As a result of all the advantages that VPS solutions are capable of offering, a lot of small to medium business owners are attracted to virtualization for a choice of webhosting, to accomplish considerable additional reimbursement in their regions of concern.

Not sure the host is around anymore but I'll post this in-case anyone else wants to have a read.

The idea of starting a hosting company in this day-in-age is quite difficult. The industry is incredibly saturated now and you need a very good USP to be able to survive. Ideally you'd have a business plan written up and you would have funding/backing before you even consider the idea.

So, you have those and you're ready to start. You need to consider the following first of all:

- Your target market - Are you going to target a certain country/region or are you going to target a certain audience, such as a specific host for Photographers or media people.
- Your servers and Datacenter - Where are your servers going, and what kind of servers are you using. How quick is your equipment and what kind of resources can you allocate for your plans.
- Plans - Yes I mentioned plans. You now need to work out a decent distribution of resources to be able to support the demand of many users. The average plan is a simple 5Gb space, 50Gb bandwidth. I would say go with something like that, for every 1Gb of space make it 10Gb of Bandwidth, this allows for multiple upstream/downstream traffic.

That's all I can get out of my brain at the moment, but the rest is quite simple, really.

Back