• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

SSL encrypted proxy!

Block My Information - Guard Yourself From Hackers with SSL encryption.
https://blockmy.info/ssl.php

Secure Sockets Layer (SSL/HTTPS) and Why We Use It.
SSL provides endpoint authentication and communications privacy over the Internet using cryptography. In typical use, only the server is authenticated (i.e. its identity is ensured) while the client remains unauthenticated; mutual authentication requires public key infrastructure (or PKI) deployment to clients. The protocols allow client/server applications to communicate in a way designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, and message forgery.

Block My Information uses a High-grade Encryption (AES-256 256 bit) SSL Certificate to insure that no information are leaked out in to any hacker\'s hands. Our certificate is twice as powerful as normal bank/credit card companies\' website that uses 128 bit certificates only.

Deh, also... with some schools... you may get the error message blocking the file download anyway. Example, my school blocks direct downloads via any connection (even proxy), but scripts that query a download... like http://www.phpbbmoded.com 's request.php will start to download the request.php, when this happens... hit save instead of open and then save as "All Files" with the appropriate extension.

Yeah, this is what I have to do at my school, no matter the proxy service. -_- Pain in the arse if you ask me....

Did you even hear me out Ahplace?

I said: No matter the service for my school (including the entire Madison, WI public school system, as they run the same junk (squidbox)) you won't be able to add features getting rid of everything.

BTW: My IP at school is always 127.0.0.1, so hackers... BLEH!

DarkBlood said:
BTW: My IP at school is always 127.0.0.1, so hackers... BLEH!

Your public IP is never 127.0.0.1. You may be going through the school's proxy, which is most likely.

GA has a policy similar to your's, DarkBlood. No part of the registry can be modified, nor can anything that isn't "approved" be downloaded.

That is correct Tree. Unfortunately, when I login to iPB via my school, my public IP, when an admin views it under my user info. on the left side of a post, IS 127.0.0.1

Back