• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Spread ReactOS?

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
Would anyone be interested in helping out with a site similar to Spread Firefox, but for ReactOS?

I would like to see your views on such a thing. This is not a final idea yet.

You can also go to the #reactos-spread channel on irc.freenode.net

Withdrawn interest. Reason? Because I don't exactly appreciate a huge number of people adding me when I only request 1 person to....

Last edited:
Withdrawn interest. Reason? Because I don't exactly appreciate a huge number of people adding me when I only request 1 person to....

That's what you get for blocking me or whatever. I just HAD to put your MSN into ReactOS IRC ;)

That's what you get for blocking me or whatever. I just HAD to put your MSN into ReactOS IRC ;)

See now that's going to get you nowhere. Anyway, why use a stolen operating system when I can use Mac ;) ReactOS is a stupid fob-off of windows, simples!

:lol:

@iAdam That's just ignorant. You're probably one of those people who think Linux is stolen too. :rolleyes:

I recently tried a ReactOS liveCD on an 800MHZ computer that had 256Meg of ram.
It booted up with no error messages to a desktop, but no icons ever appeared.
It got as far as the small window that says "detecting hardware", then that went away,
leaving a blank bluish-gray screen with an immobile mousepointer in the middle.
Is there any way to tell what the problem was, when it gives no error msgs?

I recently tried a ReactOS liveCD on an 800MHZ computer that had 256Meg of ram.
It booted up with no error messages to a desktop, but no icons ever appeared.
It got as far as the small window that says "detecting hardware", then that went away,
leaving a blank bluish-gray screen with an immobile mousepointer in the middle.
Is there any way to tell what the problem was, when it gives no error msgs?

Might want to try the ReactOS Forums, IRC or even a trunk build.

I played with this on many computers, its just pure crap and its never going to go anywhere, its like windows 98, M$ have already flogged the ---- outa it with xp let alone vista/7, by the time they have something as good as windows 98 m$ will have something 10 times better than windows 7.

I cant believe people are wasting time on this.

Last time I tried it some time last year it didn't work, I was trying to boot it up and install it. I did get it to go in one of the times, but right now... personally it's just not doing it for me.

why would you even do this when with a Good Linux Operating System (Linux Mint for example), WINE, and a bit of work you can get something that will do everything the average windows user does, and run faster than XP to boot?

wine is only for a few programs, most things you can get a free linux version of. also, it works great with proper configuration. In my opinion, windows sucks, so why would i go for a cheap knockoff of it?

(slightly OT) on the subject of win/linux, I looked at putting hewlett-packard's HPLIP on my linux PC (because my printer requires it to run in linux), and found out HPLIP and its associated packages is Bigger than the entire operating system (damnsmalllinux) and all the other apps and packages I had installed on it combined.

well, ask on IRC for your linux distro and see if they can get it to run.

Im using DSL-Not on an old computer i have and i love it :d

Back