• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Speaking of Racism...

Romeo18 said:
... who are you to judge someone else...

Someone that <insert once again the name of your favorite higher power> gave a brain to that can distiguish between someone that doesn't deserve any special consideration for transgressions that occurred before they were born and true discrimination issues.

How is it that Black people can hold positions in congress, run for the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, and be guards for prisons holding people of other color., etc, ad nauseum, STILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A WHOLE?! That is so asinine as to be beyond ridiculous.

As was stated, it is not what color you are but how you behave and how you treat those around you that will get you discrimnated against.

Romeo18 said:
No offense and I dont mean to put this out there for anyone who doesn't believe in God but who are you to judge someone else. There is only one man who can and will judge us all when the time comes. I think everyone knows who that is.

Read WhereTo's last sentence, in case you missed it.

And another thing, I highly believe in God, everyone here knows that. However, I will also question the rules He supposedly gave us. So I question certain things.

He gave us "instincts" , then gave us laws that said "DONT DO IT!"

Webdude said:
He gave us "instincts" , then gave us laws that said "DONT DO IT!"

Scientifically, Humans do not have "Instinct." Humans have "Drive"

There's a fine line, but figured I'd add.

hottweelz said:
Scientifically, Humans do not have "Instinct." Humans have "Drive"

There's a fine line, but figured I'd add.

Ok, fine....

He gave us "Drives" , then gave us laws that said "DONT DO IT!"

(ie: seeing a good looking woman and thinking..well, you know. That is drive/instinct. Unfortunately, it is also a sin !! :))

Webdude said:
Ok, fine....

He gave us "Drives" , then gave us laws that said "DONT DO IT!"

(ie: seeing a good looking woman and thinking..well, you know. That is drive/instinct. Unfortunately, it is also a sin !! :))

I agree now. :)

WhereToLook said:
Someone that <insert once again the name of your favorite higher power> gave a brain to that can distiguish between someone that doesn't deserve any special consideration for transgressions that occurred before they were born and true discrimination issues.

How is it that Black people can hold positions in congress, run for the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, and be guards for prisons holding people of other color., etc, ad nauseum, STILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS A WHOLE?! That is so asinine as to be beyond ridiculous.

As was stated, it is not what color you are but how you behave and how you treat those around you that will get you discrimnated against.
Not everyone thinks the way you do. Most people will just judge you because of the way you look. This doesn't really happen with people who know eachother it just happens with people that don't know you. They will judge you based on how you look. I believe everyone judges eachother. It shouldn't be that way but it is. People will call this racism and it probably is but I just think people are not open minded. Give someone a chance to prove themselves. Just because you flipped a coin ten times and got tails that doesn't mean if you do it again you'll get tails. The same way just because you've seen people of some race do something that doesn't make the whole race alike. Treat people on individual basis. All of us have a mind of our own, every single person is different in one way or another.

Well, I will admit I do occassionally judge people. For example, if you see a 400 pound guy scruntched up in a little pinto and it's struggling to cruise down the road, and is leaning to one side......... at the very least your going to think "You know, that guy really either needs to lose some weight, or get a bigger vehicle". Go ahead, tell me you wouldnt. That scenario is almost as comical as a car full of clowns.

Actually I knew a guy like that. He was a humorous guy. In another thread I told a joke that black people say about us white people. We all thought it was humorous. We are able to laugh at ourselves. Same with him. As a matter of fact, he bought that little pinto, fixed the motor, and started driving it JUST to be humorous. He didnt believe in "laughing at" OR "laughing with", he simply believed in "humorous". Being humorous makes you popular, so he used his weight to that advantage.

But still, it's judgeing, even if harmless. Although I still chuckle when I think back about him. He would drive around with the driver window open so he could keep his elbow out and be more comfy. He even said he thought about getting hydrolics on the left side to keep it from leaning so much because he was scare to take right turns too fast, but decided not to because if they blew he would have NO shocks and REALLY be in a situation :D

Back