• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Something feels wrong

M Bacon

I have had my dedicated server up since May 29th of this year and I was wondering if the name sellwhm.com even sounds right...Do most people know what WHM is? Is my theme way out of line? I have the domain webthost.com as well...I could use that instead...and I was thinking to...does features matter to you and what matters to you more? Host Stability and Support? I was thinking do I have to have all of these features to be successful? As I think about it more, What matters to you in a webhost? What makes you want to sign up? I would like some input.

Hey HostGator doesn't sound right but if they can get thousands of clients hosted why not you? Think of "GODADDY" its even odder but works..

You need to stand out from the crowd, period.

if you offer cheap dedicated servers but have high support you will get deals

Also either buy your "apparatus" from a datacenter site directly not a reseller.. especially if your selling servers.. This way you can solve problems quickly without middle-man.

Now i know your with NetWork Operations Center web hosting, are they datacenter or resellers themselves?

Also I'm not sure who your looking to respond to this thread, competitor hosts or friendly web-masters, as you know this is a web-host forum itself...

But I work for ServeByte sales staff, so I'm virutally independent and love to give advice.

Enjoy and hope it helps.

If someone doesn't know what WHM is, then is that your type of customer you want? I would think not.

If someone doesn't know what WHM is, then is that your type of customer you want? I would think not.

That's not true. The majority of the world doesn't know what WHM is. The ones that do is only one part of the hosting market.

I dont have a problem with the name. People usually dont go by the name of a company anyway, unless of course its "Dodgy Brothers Inc Hosting Co" or somthing.

But sellwhm, IMO you need paitence.
You started a post2host and when you werent innondated with members in a few days, you closed it. Do do the same with this :p

Some people maybe lucky enough to get a few decent orders in the first few weeks. However most, id say, wait months before even a single significant order is placed.

Burst are fine, if everything is working.
Their problem is the system sucks for Getting problems sorted out!

If someone does know what WHM is, then they do not need to know. They are most unlikely to use it. Some customers just want there website online, the backend of how it is managed online is not of any interest to them. You can educate them later.

There's nothing wrong with your domain, I do agree that you could have choose a better domain but now that many people know about SellWHM, there's no reason to change it.

As for Burst, I haven't had a single problem since their last unfortunate downtime which was infact a planned outage. Their support is also superb. I guess I must be one of the lucky ones but so far so good. I've had a server with them since being moved over from GeekRack a while back.

In fact, I think your name is quite brilliant. :) You have already begun branding it, so don't change it now. And Dynash is right: your target market will know what WHM is - and if someone does not, they will be more trouble as a customer than they are worth anyway.

Hey HostGator doesn't sound right but if they can get thousands of clients hosted why not you? Think of "GODADDY" its even odder but works...

Yes but that is because they spend a fortune on marketing ;)

Not a host but a different example: Apple? ... Always found that a strange name.

Why Apple? At the time, the company to beat was Atari, and Apple Computer came before Atari alphabetically and thus also in the phone book.
Makes sense :p

I also heard it was to do with the appel that hit Newton in the head.

Last edited:
I think I worry too much anyways...I have 75 clients..and burst is my datacenter.

You're doing fine then.

...Honestly though, I'd really advise you to switch to a better DC. Burst has high pings, random bouts of downtime, and bad support. When I'm buying hosting, I specifically check now, to make sure that the host isn't on a burst server. Have a network you can be proud of.

Back