• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Some Issues I Need Guidance With

Think it's about time to flatten it mate.

I can't. The guy has hundreds of accounts on there and is losing some because of these issues.
I said it to lxhelp at lxlabs and they replied "I gave you the solution" but their solution does not solve anything.

Can't you do an overnight job on it, pull all the accounts to another box, flatten it and restore them (remembering to set the resolver TTL to 15 minutes for quickness ;) )

Sure they'd rather have a 4 hour outage and it fixed than continuing problems.

Yeah you guys are right. The poor guy has been hanging long enough.
I will contact Richard tonight and tell him what we are gonna do (with him helping).

Thanks Decker for your help. It's appreciated.
Thanks as well Eclouds.

No probs mate sorry it had to come to the biggy though - know the feeling myself, it's a git!

No probs mate sorry it had to come to the biggy though - know the feeling myself, it's a git!

Just waiting to hear back from the client as to when is a good time to take his server down.
It's sad because we were going so well all along. But, as all hosts know, there are always going to be issues.

Ok I am ready to rock n roll with this.
Just gotta figure out how to backup all his accounts onto another VPS.

Have you got a blank one ready to go? Or use a parked domain or whatever for one and allocate plenty of resources and grab the lot including packages and reseller info from WHM.

Have you got a blank one ready to go? Or use a parked domain or whatever for one and allocate plenty of resources and grab the lot including packages and reseller info from WHM.

I have a blank VPS ready to go but does not have WHM etc on it.

Ok no worries.
Have cPanel installing now.

Cheers for the help Decker. It is appreciated. I will keep you updated.

All done and dusted.

Decker, thanks again for your help. It won't go unnoticed anyway. :)

Now where's that Prozac? :D

All done and dusted.

Decker, thanks again for your help. It won't go unnoticed anyway. :)

Now where's that Prozac? :D

No probs mate, just happy the clients happy :)

Don't know about your prozac but just finished a cracking box of smarties :jump:

No probs mate, just happy the clients happy :)

Don't know about your prozac but just finished a cracking box of smarties :jump:

Apparently he's not happy. Seems to be still having MySQL issues with some accounts. But me is thinking that those accounts are corrupted from the old setup so he may need to recreate them.

He also asked for Credit because he was unable to run his services. But let's be honest, it wasn't our fault he exceeded his quotas.

Hang on he went over quota? Is he under quota now?

Get him to run a repair (do a check first) on the DB's.

Then charge him for the overuse and the admin and tech work.

Plus he can think himself lucky so much has been done to help him.

Where do I send that invoice to Dan ;)

Hang on he went over quota? Is he under quota now?

Get him to run a repair (do a check first) on the DB's.

Then charge him for the overuse and the admin and tech work.

Plus he can think himself lucky so much has been done to help him.

Where do I send that invoice to Dan ;)

Yeah I did a fresh install of MySQL and told him to restart all services in WHM. Waiting to hear back.

Ummm yeah, about that Invoice Decker me auld son. Would 70 Valium be ok instead?

Back