• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

So I want to redesign my site using PHP

megacool

I am working on a re-design of my website (actually a proper design for the first time).. I love PHP! but I don't know how to actually code in it. So I use php programs made by other people already. Rightnow I am using phpBB2 for forum, and buncha other nifty scripts for maintaing a downloads area, news posting, gallery and articles handling.

I want my site to have a uniform look and use some sort of template system where I can change the look at one place and it will reflect throughout the site. Before I used to use Dreamweaver templates, including header/footer files in PHP and etc. But I don't think any of those methods would work here.

I've heard somebody say that the phpBB2 template engine is pretty cool.. and so is phpLib.. so would they be any help in templating my site? I am a little bit confused. I want a very stable and re-usable site where I updating and changing the looks (UI)is easily and quickly done.

indeed, but I beleive he will still be using include() or require() because he wants a template :)

Back