• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Smoking Woodies. Please just look and see, nothing bad here.

iBrightDev

Jay Street
NLC
NLC
Hey everyone. I got a new site that needs some reviews. I know some od you see the domain name, and think, oh, well that just sounds wrong, I dont think I want to look. Well, please do, nothing imappropriate about the site. It is actually a personal pipe club site. give it a look. :D

http://www.smokingwoodies.com

edit post 787: just a little more about the site. it is a complete custom CMS. he can easily update everything from a hidden admin section. so the site is actually pretty unique that way.

Last edited:
lol, thanks bro. i appreciate it. yeah, the domain name is a funny one. that is my dads sence of humor for you. :D

haha, funny sense of humor :p Good site 10/10

But I know if any of my family members stumbled in to the room while I was looking at it they'd be wondering what I was doing
lol

stuffradio said:
haha, funny sense of humor :p Good site 10/10

But I know if any of my family members stumbled in to the room while I was looking at it they'd be wondering what I was doing
lol
haha, yeah, they might :p

what would you suggest to sort of fill it up a little more? something i can suggest to the client. he doesnt want adds on it though.

T.M. said:
hmm, feels a bit empty somehow, but other than that its very nice.
what do you think I could do to fill it up more? suggestions welcome, but keep in mind that it is a personal site, and he doesnt want ads. please let me know if you have any ideas to fill it up more.

Why did my post from before get deleted? Maybe it was because I didn't contribute anything, hm? But this thread still appears in my subscribed threads for some reason.

I looked at it finally, but still... smoking's bad. Also, it's pretty simple design (that's good!) but it's not original (That's bad...) but at least you're doing ok! (That's good!) but still... (Silence. Someone comes up to me and says, "that's bad.")

:lol:

iyeru42 said:
Why did my post from before get deleted? Maybe it was because I didn't contribute anything, hm? But this thread still appears in my subscribed threads for some reason.

I looked at it finally, but still... smoking's bad. Also, it's pretty simple design (that's good!) but it's not original (That's bad...) but at least you're doing ok! (That's good!) but still... (Silence. Someone comes up to me and says, "that's bad.")

:lol:
not sure how it got deleted. i dont have any power to do that. sort of weird, but oh, well. just out of curiosity, how is the design not original? what do you think would make it more original sice you say it is not? and moose, what do you think I should do to fill it up more. any suggestions welcome. that to all that have reviewed already, and please, give some suggestions. :D

Great domain ;)

It's really nice - especially the graphic, but personally i'm not a gradient fan which is in the background, I prefer a solid plain colour - but thats just me - good job!

jamesnotjamie said:
Great domain ;)

It's really nice - especially the graphic, but personally i'm not a gradient fan which is in the background, I prefer a solid plain colour - but thats just me - good job!
thanks for the input. i see your point, but the gradiant was brought in to give the site a little more color and not be so plain. also, if anyone has any suggestion, please let me know. i will be posting screenshots of the admin area a little later to see what you think. i am trying to keep the same look and feel throughout the entire site, even in the admin section. hopefully i have hitten it on the head. pics will be available soon. :D

well, i said i would post screen shots of the admin area, butinstead i wrote a PDF file and put the screen shots in there explaining the different areas and stuff. give it a look, and post your thoughts. i think i did a pretty good job on it.

CLICK HERE FOR THE PDF

really good espically d admin part which he personally showed me the graphics is well matched with the site topic

good job 10/10 :)

holydevil said:
really good espically d admin part which he personally showed me the graphics is well matched with the site topic

good job 10/10 :)
thanks for the kind comments.

Awesome job with the admin section! It looks brilliant, and so easy to use. Was it in PHP? I wish I was able to whip those little admin panels up! Mine are so boring lol :)

jamesnotjamie said:
Awesome job with the admin section! It looks brilliant, and so easy to use. Was it in PHP? I wish I was able to whip those little admin panels up! Mine are so boring lol :)
the whole site is in php and css running completely on a mysql database. it is a complete custom content management system. right ow i am working on removing files from the server through the admin panel instead of having to use ftp. that will be completed soon. :D

well, i added a nice little feature in to the admin panel. if the client forgets his login information, he can simply click the forgot password link below the username and password boxes. the script will send and email from the site to the specified email address that is stored in the mysql database. he can change the email address that is stored, change his username, and change his password if he would like. so, it is something nice to have, just in cause he forgets his information, just as long as he remembers where to go to login. lol :D

also, something else that was added in is a preview menu in place of the standard nav. now the client doesnt have to login or log out to view the changes he has made to the site. once submitted, he can click a link like "HOME - Preview" and a new window will appear with the home page displaying the changed info. if he doesnt like the changes he has made, he cam simply click back and undo the changes. check the admin area out by clicking the pdf link just a couple postings back. also, i will post an updated pdf later showing the rest of the admin panel once i completely finish building it. :D

Last edited:
Back