• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Simple Hosting Request

xter

Hello I'm looking for a paid hosting that offer this spec:

PHP 4 series ( 4.3.x or later)
MySQL 3.23.23 or later
Cron jobs enabled
Compiled GD with free type
PHP short tags enabled
PHP safe mode disabled
Zend

I know PHP 4x and MySQL 3x is outdated but I recently stupidly brought a script that can only function with this feature. I have tested it on Apache 2.2.8 and PHP 5x with Mysql 5 and it doesn't work. Paying a php programmer to rework this script would cost a great deal of time and money so I rather find a good host that can supply me with what I need.

HomepageUniverse, has all the feature that I need but then it doesn't state anywhere that Zend is support and I have just sent them an email. I doubt I will receive a reply anytime soon so to anyone who can suggest a web host or offer one then thank you :)

Hello xter,

Maybe you should look for a small affordable VPS? This way you can install your own software. I'm afraid it'll be hard to find a host running MySQL 3 these days.

Best regards,
Josh

Hope Will Prevail! :)

Yeah, thanks for the infomation about VPS hosting, I'll look into that.
Shared hosting is so cheap nowaday. I remember with $10 per month you can merely get 50MB space and less then 200MB of bandwidth.

I can't believe people are still looking for a good host with all the crazy spec that they hardly even need. Just find one that is reliable and has a long standing background. :)

GixxerPC.com has everything and more that you just listed.

However, I will give you a 1 month free trial if you'd like to see if our services are up to the task.

Check us out at GixxerPC.com, when your ready to sign up visit our support page and click our live chat, refer to this post!

Might be an idea to tell us which script as we may have came across it before and know how to get it to work :)

Might be an idea to tell us which script as we may have came across it before and know how to get it to work :)

I apologize but I can't tell you.

I might not be a php coder but I can look at a script and tell what does what (most of the time).
By looking at this software that I have onhand, it has got to be the worst purchase of my net life :classic2: lol paid 75 buck for something that look like it was made by some kid, but it works to an extent tho :beer:

GixxerPC.com has everything and more that you just listed.

However, I will give you a 1 month free trial if you'd like to see if our services are up to the task.

Check us out at GixxerPC.com, when your ready to sign up visit our support page and click our live chat, refer to this post!

I'm interested, but how long have you guys been in the business?

I apologize but I can't tell you.

Is there a reason you can't tell us what script it is? Also, if you need MySQL 3, you most likely will need a VPS as stated earlier since most hosts do not run that anymore.

If you need MySQL, you shouldn't have any problems finding a host using MySQL 4. A good portion of hosts still use MySQL 4.

I have tested it on Apache 2.2.8 and PHP 5x with Mysql 5 and it doesn't work

Just pay attention to that bit, although since they won't say what it is it could be any part of it that's the problem.

Back