• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Should marijuana be legal for medical uses!

tandoc said:
I think smoking should be illegal. Smokers are ----ing annoying.

Looks like it will be soon, most public places in the UK now (pubs, clubs etc) have a ban.

tandoc said:
I think smoking should be illegal. Smokers are ----ing annoying.

I have to disagree partially. ;) In general I find smokers to be annoying too if I have to smell their smoke.

The way the UK is handling it is better than making smoking completely illegal since I don't believe in outlawing such things.

Public buildings and such should definitely have smoking bans (most I see do already). With that said bars should be required to have proper ventilation and restaurants should also be required to have proper ventilation and a non-smoking section that is physically isolated if they wish to allow smoking.

Bryson said:
if you legalize weed, you open the door for all the other little demons...

Imagine if you will, weed is now legal, and you have are scheduled for open heart surgery. Being that weed is now legal, your doc decides to smoke up a bit before his work is started. Fried out of his gourd, and unusually high due to the laced bag he bought from the neighborhood dealer with just the right amount of heroin to keep his customer, the doc is now confused. This confusion basically leads to medical malpractice. However, being there was no prerequisite, he is off the hook.

Go ahead legalize it, and watch what it does to the US. <and dont say it will be like Amsterdamn, because it won't be, we don't live in Europe, and the potheads who want to get it can, and those who don't want to smoke it, don't>

Isn't our education system bad enough? Now we are going to let legally high and burn outs have another excuse why they are still living at home with mom and dad at the age of 30.

All for a little high.

Uhh... by your logic, the same situation can be applied to doctors who drink, not just doctors, but any workers. It is illegal for ANY public sector worker to be intoxicated on the job. That would include doctors. Intoxicated means alcohol, marijuana, or anything.

Although I'm probably very biased, I do not think recreational use of marijuana should be illegal. Most places have very lax laws about it, because in essence, it's no worse than alcohol. In fact, from my own personal experiences, being high on pot doesn't impair you like alcohol does, unless of course you ingest it through a vaporizer. A vaporizer ----s you up.

Now to get back on topic, for medical uses, yes it should be legal, though I don't know why people would actually use it for medical reasons. Yes it does make you hungry, and it does relieve pain and reduce eye inflammation, but I'm sure there's other medicins that do the exact same thing. That's like saying you drink alcohol because the anti-bacterial agents in alcohol clears your throat.

Last edited:
Canuckkev said:
Yea, smoking probably isn't the best way...It's just the social way! I really hate the smell, and the smell of users, so I'm all for alternative methods.

smoking it is how you use it medical *pretty sure* it helps relieve pain mostly for cancer patients I have gotten into this conversation with my grandfather who is a doctor n its pretty interesting I mean the stories of how people have deliberately conducted a disease or injury just so they can get there hands on drugs but I think it should be legal

Blank Verse said:
Sure it should. It's no more dangerous than morphine, and that stuff is standard practice in hospitals everywhere.

Legalizing it makes it safer, even if people who don't need it will still smoke it. Because let's face it, buying it at a pharmacy is a lot better than buying it off that really shifty guy in his trashed apartment.

We all know why it's used medically, and if there's no legal issue with it, they should keep using it. But also, I have a theory that a lot of people smoke it purely because it is illegal. And I think if it were legal a lot of people would just stop. Because the whole rebellious connotations of the drug are just gone.

I don't know, that's just me.

definately agree with everything just said. i also believe it should be legal because it would cut down on the crime rate. no more people in OVER CROWDED prisons for some stupid little 2bit crime like having a couple grams of cronic. i dont somke, and never will, but i still think it should just be legal period. cigarettes are worse and even smell worse, but they are legal. it weed is illegal, then cigarette's should be too. IMO you would just have to treat it like alcohol, not at work, and not when driving and ---- like that. we dont need more assholes getting high and going to work high and doing surgery or something critical like that.

Last edited:
Its got some names lol,

Some of common street terms for marijuana and/or THC include: aunt mary, boom, chronic, dope ganja, gangster, grass, hash, herb, kif, mary jane, pot, reefer, sinsemilla, skunk, and weed.

LiquidGoat said:
No one takes my Canadia suggestion? Weed is legal there boys.

But it's not legal here :p It's decriminalized. There's a difference. This isn't Amsterdam. There's no "Van" before my last name, and I don't wear clogs.

Well, I'll be the --- and point out it isn't legal in Amsterdam either. Of course, that depends on what you mean by legal. If they "tolerate" it, then it isn't really illegal...despite what the official laws read.

Canuckkev said:
For medical purposes...if it helps, go for it! As far as I know, it isn't insanely addictive like certain painkillers, so no problem there. Of course, inhaling smoke isn't all that good for you. But if that's the worst side effect, it's not too bad.

Pot is absolutely, 100%, completely and scientifiically proven to NOT be physically addictive as opposed to it's counterparts, IE Tobacco/Nicotine.

Not sure about the 100%, but I'm not up on my pot research. Of course, anything can be addictive still. People are weak, they don't need a chemical hook to get addicted.

Right, people get addicted to the emotional high, the feeling from it, but then, you're addicted to FWS right?

oh God, I forgot about roly.

Of the infamous FWS castaways, he seems to be the one that gets lost in the fold. Everyone remembers GC and Meksilon, because they were the loudest and brash, while everyone remembers Johnny because he was a delusional tool.

roly was just stupid. I loved it when he got banned :p

Back